You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Del-Ton Complete Uppers Good or Bad???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7357 Times on 3925 Posts
Likes Given: 579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
24 Reads and no Replies?.......................that's a bad sign!!!
i didnt reply initially cuz ive never used or seen a delton product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
When I built mine I went with a RRA upper. I'm happy, they make a good product and do it with no marketing drama.
i agree with cane. the rra i rank in your getting more value for the money than just about any other product.

Quote:
The only downside I see with Rock River is their extended delivery times. All my lower inner parts are Rock River, so going with the Rock River upper seems like a slam dunk.
ill reiterate: they are definately worth the wait. the long wait times are because they offer a superb product for a very reasonable price. ive never seen a rra rifle have issues. my new rra nm upper is shooting 3/4 moa at 200yds open sights atm.

i could have spent a few more hundred $$ for a white oak upper but i dont think i would be getting better groups.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 07-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i didnt reply initially cuz ive never used or seen a delton product.

i agree with cane. the rra i rank in your getting more value for the money than just about any other product.

ill reiterate: they are definately worth the wait. the long wait times are because they offer a superb product for a very reasonable price. ive never seen a rra rifle have issues. my new rra nm upper is shooting 3/4 moa at 200yds open sights atm.
i could have spent a few more hundred $$ for a white oak upper but i dont think i would be getting better groups.
Awesome Jon, that's the kind of info. I'm looking for. Accuracy is my first interest in this build rather than just bottom dollar price.

As I said to Canebrake, the RRA is my first preference, but the Del-Tons caught my interest.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7357 Times on 3925 Posts
Likes Given: 579

Quote:
Awesome Jon, that's the kind of info. I'm looking for. Accuracy is my first interest in this build rather than just bottom dollar price.

As I said to Canebrake, the RRA is my first preference, but the Del-Tons caught my interest.
im using a nm upper its designed to be extremely accurate with a 20" wilson cryo air gauged barrel free float handguards with handloaded ammo. your not going to get that level of accuracy with a 16" short sight radius carbine profile chrome moly/chrome lined barrel. but its not going to be bad at all
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 07-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Ammunition, Magazines, Rifle Parts, Bulk Ammo and Rifle Accessories – Palmetto State Armory has great prices on some good uppers.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1701 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 1691

If price is the #1 consideration, I'd look at a milspec PSA or Spikes upper. So even though I was born in NC I'd skip Del-Ton and head south to SC or Florida...

Even if Daniel Defense and BCM (the best choices I think) are out of your price range don't scratch off midlength and 1:7 twist...
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek