Decisions Decisions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Decisions Decisions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Decisions Decisions

Okay so I am back in the market for an AR... I know perfect timing right? Anyways I will not be building this one I am looking to purchase the complete rifle. I have the fancy Noveske and all but I am looking for an all out beat the piss out of it and never fail AR. Now I was originally going to go with the Scar just so that it was a different weapon system completely and it still had the durability and reliability that I was looking for. Now I have been doing a ton of research and cannot find a clear winner, let alone top 3 of rifles in 5.56 that are truly ahead of the curb in regards to the industry. The two manufacturers that came to mind were LWRC (m6a2 spr) and the Barrett (rec7). I can't seem to find an accurate comparison between the two, but these are the caliber of rifles that I am looking for. Anything else out there that I seriously need to look at? And please no "just get both" or "just get a mil spec." I am looking for very hi quality. Thanks guys and I hope you all had a good Christmas!

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil, for I am the meanest mother F***** in the valley!....oorah

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #2

Liked 1026 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

You really ought to be looking at BCM and Colt.

When you can find them again.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I am looking for a piston rig though. Sorry that I forgot to mention that. I have a Colt 20" HBAR Match Target, I am looking to change it up a little bit and try out a piston. Definitely agree on Colt's quality though!

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I fear no evil, for I am the meanest mother F***** in the valley!....oorah

Old 12-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #4

Liked 60 Times on 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anch368
Okay so I am back in the market for an AR... I know perfect timing right? Anyways I will not be building this one I am looking to purchase the complete rifle. I have the fancy Noveske and all but I am looking for an all out beat the piss out of it and never fail AR. Now I was originally going to go with the Scar just so that it was a different weapon system completely and it still had the durability and reliability that I was looking for. Now I have been doing a ton of research and cannot find a clear winner, let alone top 3 of rifles in 5.56 that are truly ahead of the curb in regards to the industry. The two manufacturers that came to mind were LWRC (m6a2 spr) and the Barrett (rec7). I can't seem to find an accurate comparison between the two, but these are the caliber of rifles that I am looking for. Anything else out there that I seriously need to look at? And please no "just get both" or "just get a mil spec." I am looking for very hi quality. Thanks guys and I hope you all had a good Christmas!
The two rifles you have chosen would answer this question best:

What's the most expensive gas piston AR available?

If you want an all out beat the piss out of it rifle in 5.56, google "filthy 14". Quentin answered your question correctly, as usual.

Last edited by CamoToe1; 12-30-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:51 AM   #5

Liked 67 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 41

ruger makes a really nice piston operated rig you might want to take a look at

Old 01-13-2013, 05:51 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Pws mk 116 is a piston I have one I love it

Old 01-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts