Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Decisions Decisions (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/decisions-decisions-79839/)

Anch368 12-30-2012 09:43 PM

Decisions Decisions

Okay so I am back in the market for an AR... I know perfect timing right? Anyways I will not be building this one I am looking to purchase the complete rifle. I have the fancy Noveske and all but I am looking for an all out beat the piss out of it and never fail AR. Now I was originally going to go with the Scar just so that it was a different weapon system completely and it still had the durability and reliability that I was looking for. Now I have been doing a ton of research and cannot find a clear winner, let alone top 3 of rifles in 5.56 that are truly ahead of the curb in regards to the industry. The two manufacturers that came to mind were LWRC (m6a2 spr) and the Barrett (rec7). I can't seem to find an accurate comparison between the two, but these are the caliber of rifles that I am looking for. Anything else out there that I seriously need to look at? And please no "just get both" or "just get a mil spec." I am looking for very hi quality. Thanks guys and I hope you all had a good Christmas!

Quentin 12-30-2012 09:51 PM

You really ought to be looking at BCM and Colt.

When you can find them again.

Anch368 12-30-2012 10:41 PM

I am looking for a piston rig though. Sorry that I forgot to mention that. I have a Colt 20" HBAR Match Target, I am looking to change it up a little bit and try out a piston. Definitely agree on Colt's quality though!

CamoToe1 12-30-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anch368
Okay so I am back in the market for an AR... I know perfect timing right? Anyways I will not be building this one I am looking to purchase the complete rifle. I have the fancy Noveske and all but I am looking for an all out beat the piss out of it and never fail AR. Now I was originally going to go with the Scar just so that it was a different weapon system completely and it still had the durability and reliability that I was looking for. Now I have been doing a ton of research and cannot find a clear winner, let alone top 3 of rifles in 5.56 that are truly ahead of the curb in regards to the industry. The two manufacturers that came to mind were LWRC (m6a2 spr) and the Barrett (rec7). I can't seem to find an accurate comparison between the two, but these are the caliber of rifles that I am looking for. Anything else out there that I seriously need to look at? And please no "just get both" or "just get a mil spec." I am looking for very hi quality. Thanks guys and I hope you all had a good Christmas!

The two rifles you have chosen would answer this question best:

What's the most expensive gas piston AR available?

If you want an all out beat the piss out of it rifle in 5.56, google "filthy 14". Quentin answered your question correctly, as usual.

kiabe1 01-13-2013 04:51 AM

ruger makes a really nice piston operated rig you might want to take a look at

prepper209 01-13-2013 05:51 AM

Pws mk 116 is a piston I have one I love it

texaswoodworker 01-13-2013 08:09 AM

Bravo Company Manufacturing :cool: