Decisions Decisions...... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Decisions Decisions......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

ALG ACT $65. JP Enterprises lightened trigger springs $10. 4-4.5 lb pull. You may have to lighten the hammer for positive strikes. Very easy to do.

Voila single stage $75 trigger.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
ALG ACT $65. JP Enterprises lightened trigger springs $10. 4-4.5 lb pull. You may have to lighten the hammer for positive strikes. Very easy to do.

Voila single stage $75 trigger.
Probably what I will wind up doing...

Looked into the BCM uppers... They are nice but the only one I'm liking is the one with the la rue quad rail and it's pricy... Also doesn't include bcg or charging handle...

I found a DD m4 urg v4 omega x 9.0 without sights for 830.00... 2 things about this tho are it's a m4 profile barrel... And it's carbine length... I was trying to stay lightweight and with a mid length gas system... Is this really a big difference? I think the LW to the non LW upper is only 6 oz difference....

Old 05-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #13

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 985

Yeah, about six ounces or a little less. I'd hold out for LW and midlength, and there's nothing wrong with going to BCM for this. Shop around and see what's in stock at BCM and G&R Tactical (which has free shipping on BCM). I have both DD and BCM and am happy with both.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Yeah, about six ounces or a little less. I'd hold out for LW and midlength, and there's nothing wrong with going to BCM for this. Shop around and see what's in stock at BCM and G&R Tactical (which has free shipping on BCM). I have both DD and BCM and am happy with both.
Yeahh I'm just liking this price on aim surplus so much nothing I find can come closer without giving up a chromed cold hammer forged barrel and the LW..... I hope aim gets them in soon... I'll keep looking around but it seams like many places are limited stock... Stupid Obama/12-21-2012!!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #15

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 985

Have you looked at Smartgunner for DD? They have good prices but it seems DD is out of stock a lot these days.

http://www.smartgunner.com/DanielDefenseLiteURG.aspx

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #16

Yea I checked there too... Like that u can customize but they don't have the LW mid length system instock... Is the gov profile barrel good or bad? How does it match up to the LW on aspects?

Old 05-30-2012, 12:36 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5517 Times on 2882 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post
Yea I checked there too... Like that u can customize but they don't have the LW mid length system instock... Is the gov profile barrel good or bad? How does it match up to the LW on aspects?
govt profile just means it has relief cuts to mount a m203 grenade launcher. means nothing for a civilian rifle other than a few extra ounces over a civilian lw barrel. its not good or bad just looks kinda cool

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-30-2012, 02:53 AM   #18

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I've heard a lot of complaints concerning smartgunner. Id use caution before ordering.

Specificaly shipping time and lack of communication. Granted I think it was old info but troubling nonetheless.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:13 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
I've heard a lot of complaints concerning smartgunner. Id use caution before ordering.

Specificaly shipping time and lack of communication. Granted I think it was old info but troubling nonetheless.
They say on the website that they are custom hand put together guns but I still don't see how it would take that long... I had to wait 67 days for my rock river but that was for the entire weapon from order to delivery... Wish u could choose just to ship the parts unassembled to save time and a few bucks

Old 05-30-2012, 03:21 AM   #20

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post

The only complaints I heard of was from people who weren't happy w/ the wait times. DD builds certain models/parts in large runs. I received mine in a month. some a couple. If you ordered an upper w/ a certain part and they had just ran out of that part it could be a couple cycles before they ran that part again. In that case your build waited until the parts to complete it were ready. They have sense build a new larger facility to meet such demands. The problem lies in the fact that demand keeps growing.