Decisions Decisions......
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Decisions Decisions......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Default Decisions Decisions......

Ok so here's the basic story.... I have a DD M4V3 upper receiver on backorder with aim surplus...
So since I can't afford 2 ar15's I gotta part with the rock river... At first I was only gonna sell the upper from the RR but now I'm thinking of selling the whole gun and building my own lower...

Mainly cuz I'm not a huge fan of the 2 stage trigger... It's good for long range bench shooting but not any rapid fire... Or at least I have trouble with it....

My cousin will buy my gun and I can prob squeeze like 1050-1100 from him for it...

A local gun shop here in NY has stripped lowers in stock for 130 bucks... I'm not sure of all the companies but they have 1 rock river lower receiver that I'd prob get... Found a LPK on gun-broker for 50 bucks without FCG or grip which I wanted to upgrade anyways... Brownells has Upgraded spring set I want and I have still yet to pick my but-stock out or trigger...

So if u guys could help... Keep the RR complete lower I got and slap the DD upper on it? Or just build my own lower the way I want it...

Also just looking around at triggers and I can't find anything I think I like... Would like to stay under 100 bucks for the FCG and want a single stage trigger around 4lbs of pull with no creep...

All the help is appreciated guys!!! And gals!!!

Ohh and does anyone know I'd DD is really backed up with orders? If so how long? It's only been 3.5 weeks on backorder so far so I dont think it would be much longer... At least I hope

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #2

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Bcm has a bunch of uppers in stock.

Riflegear sells dd uppers rebranded under their name.

Psa has lpks with no fcg for $35.

ALG makes milspec triggers I have both of their triggers on order, should get them tommorrow.ill post a review as son as I get a chance.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1
Ok so here's the basic story.... I have a DD M4V3 upper receiver on backorder with aim surplus...
So since I can't afford 2 ar15's I gotta part with the rock river... At first I was only gonna sell the upper from the RR but now I'm thinking of selling the whole gun and building my own lower...

Mainly cuz I'm not a huge fan of the 2 stage trigger... It's good for long range bench shooting but not any rapid fire... Or at least I have trouble with it....

My cousin will buy my gun and I can prob squeeze like 1050-1100 from him for it...

A local gun shop here in NY has stripped lowers in stock for 130 bucks... I'm not sure of all the companies but they have 1 rock river lower receiver that I'd prob get... Found a LPK on gun-broker for 50 bucks without FCG or grip which I wanted to upgrade anyways... Brownells has Upgraded spring set I want and I have still yet to pick my but-stock out or trigger...

So if u guys could help... Keep the RR complete lower I got and slap the DD upper on it? Or just build my own lower the way I want it...

Also just looking around at triggers and I can't find anything I think I like... Would like to stay under 100 bucks for the FCG and want a single stage trigger around 4lbs of pull with no creep...

All the help is appreciated guys!!! And gals!!!

Ohh and does anyone know I'd DD is really backed up with orders? If so how long? It's only been 3.5 weeks on backorder so far so I dont think it would be much longer... At least I hope
JR, I've never built an AR but what part (upper or lower) needs an ffl?

Old 05-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooStrongTerry

JR, I've never built an AR but what part (upper or lower) needs an ffl?
Just the lower receiver does... It's the only part with the serial number...

Old 05-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #5
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 39 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The last I was told from my rep at Daniel Defense is that all existing orders are being fulfilled as fast as possible and that all new orders will not be fulfilled until sometime in 2013. If your dealer has an existing order with DD, expect a little to moderate wait. If your dealer has to place a new order for you, expect a long wait. Distributors like RSR Group are completely out of stock of DD, so if they get their restock anytime soon, then you should see a good amount of availability from their dealer network.

As AgenTikki said, the ALG ACT trigger is a great single stage GI trigger, but it will not offer the pull weight you are looking for. For your pull weight, you can go with reduced power springs on the ACT or go big money and get a Wilson Combat TTU or TTU-3G trigger, or a VTAC Super V trigger.

ROG Tactical
Corona, CA
sales@rogtac.com

Visit www.rogtac.com for quality AR-platform parts and accessories.

Forum members use coupon code, FT5, to save 5% on most products.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1

Just the lower receiver does... It's the only part with the serial number...
Your in buffalo right?

Old 05-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooStrongTerry

Your in buffalo right?
Nope long island NY...y?

Old 05-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-mark
The last I was told from my rep at Daniel Defense is that all existing orders are being fulfilled as fast as possible and that all new orders will not be fulfilled until sometime in 2013. If your dealer has an existing order with DD, expect a little to moderate wait. If your dealer has to place a new order for you, expect a long wait. Distributors like RSR Group are completely out of stock of DD, so if they get their restock anytime soon, then you should see a good amount of availability from their dealer network.

As AgenTikki said, the ALG ACT trigger is a great single stage GI trigger, but it will not offer the pull weight you are looking for. For your pull weight, you can go with reduced power springs on the ACT or go big money and get a Wilson Combat TTU or TTU-3G trigger, or a VTAC Super V trigger.
I was told went I put it on back order that they already had orders for more in place... Really hope I don't wait till next year

Old 05-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #9

Just spoke to aim surplus and they have no info... But they also added a DDM4V5 LW upper too so maybe one will come in soon...

Also spoke with Daniel defense and they said they have orders on both but no ships date yet... He said it should be too much longer... I'll wait 2-3 more weeks and call back to see if they set a date...

Also they're arent any in-between FCG from the 60-250 bucks mark? Not having any other luck... That combat trigger is nice tho and maybe with the new spring set it would drop a bit in pull weight...

Old 05-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #10

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Agent has a great plan dialed in for you. DD makes great stuff thats worth waiting for but BCM is good aas well.

A PSA LPK w/o FCG and an ALG (the polished version)