Decisions, Decisions
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Decisions, Decisions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Decisions, Decisions

I need some help deciding between a Daniel Defense V7 & a Rainier Arms. A know all about DD's reputation but I don't know much about Rainier Arms. Anyone with some personal knowledge about RA wanna help me out?

Here is the RA model I'm looking at: https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop%2Fdetail&product_id=4333

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 71

They both have outstanding quality n customer service. DD manufactures everything in-house. While RA does not.
DD has their 2014 line up in brownish bronze color which include their newly designed grip and stock.

My opinion, AT LEAST get the new 2014 DD V7 (the new color, grip and stock i mentioned above) if you decided to get the DD.

But if i were to choose one between the two, i'd damn sure get the RA. Why? I love that Concrete (Tungsten/ Silverish color), MFT stock, longer rail (keymod which is the new trend), QMS trigger, RA new compensator, Raptor CH and BAD ambi safety selector!. So much upgraded parts rather than what you get in DD rifle.

As i said, that if iwere to choose between the two. Anyway you can't go wrong with DD or RA.

Last edited by okdonk; 03-07-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am leaning toward the RA because of all the extras. I do wish it has a NiB bolt carrier group though. The DD doesn't either though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 03-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6784 Times on 3605 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Two things. If your going accuracy route, rra varmint or match A4, if your looking for a ohsht goto zombie land bravo company.

I'm not a fan of non-chromed bore chamber on defensive ar15 builds.

I would go with a stripped bcm upper in the chf line up and put whatever furniture you wish.

If you your just wanting a wall hanger that looks cool then it really doesn't matter. My phylosophy is ergonomics and function over looks
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent