Decent single stage trigger on the market? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Decent single stage trigger on the market?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

I think you're making a mistake wanting a 2-3 lb trigger. Get a Stag LPK (which usually has a decent trigger) and see if that's good enough. It's handy having an extra LPK anyway so you're not out any real money trying out one LPK.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:17 PM   #12

I was considering going that route for at least one gun. They are about $60 for the whole LPK. I plan on putting a bull barrel 20'' on at least one gun, so for that one I will want a very light trigger. The others are undecided. It's a lot to think about.

This whole thing is a learning experience / project for me. I wasn't planning on going this route initially. But after buying the receivers I've gone AR crazy, you know? I want get all my receivers up and running, but not too expensive, and not too cheap, don't want to regret my decisions later.

I also have the AGI AR15 trigger job course. I might try to do a trigger job myself as a learning experiment and use a cheap trigger for playing around with that.

Last edited by triggernomic; 12-15-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #13

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

If you have access to a grinder, lightening a hammer is fast and easy. Then modifying your springs is easier still. That will bring you pull weight down to almost half of what it is. Very easy. Won't do anything about grityness and the like. There is a nice set screw mod that will help with any pretravel slop too which is relatively cheeap and easy to do. These wo things re easy. I've hd bad luck polishing the sear surfaces. Never got it as good as I wanted. After 4 or 5 tries.....I figured just buying a geissele worked out to about the same price....that's just my exp.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #14

Actually, quite honestly. Put in the milspec trigger, get some rounds downrange before you mod it. Figure out what you want from it, you just may not need anything. It really only takes a few minutes to swap out, and its very easy, but if you don't need it....why spend money on it.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
I've hd bad luck polishing the sear surfaces. Never got it as good as I wanted. After 4 or 5 tries.....I figured just buying a geissele worked out to about the same price....that's just my exp.
Hmmm, did you try wet sanding with some oil and 1000grit 1500grit sandpaper? Not sure if a trigger will need to be annealed or rehardened before grinding on it, too?

Old 12-16-2011, 01:55 AM   #16

Stoned it, sandpaper, dremel with 5 different kinds of polishing compounds, flitz and a q-tip, got it ok. Then I met Geissele.