decent ar 15 to start with? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > decent ar 15 to start with?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 181 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
One of the original guys split off and created Windham Weaponry (irreconcilable differences I guess).
Wrong. Bushmaster was purchased by Cerberus who also bought remington and marlin. Cerberus promised the BM people they would continue to build BM AR's there. Well, they lied and moved production. The former owner had a non compete clause but when cerberus lied and moved production elsewhere the clause was void so he fired up the old BM plant and is now making better rifles than BM.

Quality has fallen off on all guns made by cerberus owned companies because they are about one thing. Money. Its a shame because remington and marlin were once fine guns you could pass down through generations and not have to worry if it will hold up.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #42

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68

Wrong. Bushmaster was purchased by Cerberus who also bought remington and marlin. Cerberus promised the BM people they would continue to build BM AR's there. Well, they lied and moved production. The former owner had a non compete clause but when cerberus lied and moved production elsewhere the clause was void so he fired up the old BM plant and is now making better rifles than BM.

Quality has fallen off on all guns made by cerberus owned companies because they are about one thing. Money. Its a shame because remington and marlin were once fine guns you could pass down through generations and not have to worry if it will hold up.
I agree bushys are not reliable at all, but I have put 3000+ rounds through my Windham, and it preformed flawlessly. I own a few Colts and it preforms as well as they do. Which really surprised me since I picked up the Windham for around $800.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #43

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68 View Post

You did see where I said I don't know why he parted ways right.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #44

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamashooter68

Derp derp. A derp.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #45

Liked 321 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Last edited by AsSeenOnTV; 11-19-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #46

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV
I'm loving the heck out of my Windham Weaponry AR
Me too!

forumrunner_20121103_172241.jpg