Deals Deals Deals. - Page 63
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Deals Deals Deals.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 02:47 AM   #621
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by e43jimmy409 View Post
BCM BCGs are back in stock
And sold out before I got home.

I'm done fighting people over them, im putting the AR in the back of the safe and saying screw it as long as they are being hoarded

It's not even a regulated part... There is no reason for them to be impossible to find.

Sorry, I'm just really ticked.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 11-24-2012, 05:42 AM   #622
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 231 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988

I'm done fighting people over them, im putting the AR in the back of the safe and saying screw it as long as they are being hoarded

It's not even a regulated part... There is no reason for them to be impossible to find.

No offense bro.. u were too slow.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:04 AM   #623
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Why the hell are people hoarding those things? They are not regulated, they are not something I have heard the anti gunners screaming they should ban (I seriously doubt they know what a BCG is), and I doubt they would ever be banned. There is a greater chance that pistol grips will be banned.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #624

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
No offense bro.. u were too slow.
I'm not denying that, had I been a little quicker, I may have gotten one. But I wasn't home all day.

My point was that there is absolutely no logical reason why someone can't buy one without an obscene amount of effort and the luck to be in the right place at the right time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 11-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #625
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 231 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:

I'm not denying that, had I been a little quicker, I may have gotten one. But I wasn't home all day.

My point was that there is absolutely no logical reason why someone can't buy one without an obscene amount of effort and the luck to be in the right place at the right time.
U do know this firearmstalk has app right? So if anyone post deals.. u will be notified right away.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #626

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
U do know this firearmstalk has app right? So if anyone post deals.. u will be notified right away.
Yeah, I found out about 6:00 I guess it was, but I was out with my gf, together for 3 years, so we were spending the evening together. As nice as it would have been to get one, I wasn't going to cut the night short to run home early.

I'll get one eventually.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 11-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #627

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:

I personally think that these makers of BCG's are purposely holding back on production to keep the prices up. Typical supply and demand game!! Come on now joe bob gets 50-100 BCG's from spikes a month. Spikes can do better than that IMO if that's all they have how did they stay in business this long

Old 11-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #628

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:

I feel ya. I just needed one for my build.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #629

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnhfrahm View Post
I personally think that these makers of BCG's are purposely holding back on production to keep the prices up. Typical supply and demand game!! Come on now joe bob gets 50-100 BCG's from spikes a month. Spikes can do better than that IMO if that's all they have how did they stay in business this long
That's what Spike's is sending to us. What about AIM? What about all the other dealers? They COULD be sending out 500-1000+ BCG's a month. Who knows? Regardless, they don't manufacturer them in-house just like us, and BCM, and Palmetto, and (insert most AR15 companies name here). Their hands are tied based on the machining companies manufacturing schedule. That's not to say they are always the best at supply chain management, but much of it is out of their hands. Our machining "timelines" we get from manufacturers sometimes vary from 2-16 weeks, even buying directly from the manufacturer who machines the product.

BCG shortgages:

DEMAND is high, people are building MORE AR15's, and some people like to have a spare as well.

There has been a recent move in recent years to sell complete uppers without BCG's (Palmetto, for instance) to offer customers a lower price point. However, then customers need to source a BCG in a crazy market to complete a build. Most of the BCG buyers I don't think are building them from a stripped upper, but I could be mistaken. Bolts are parts that wear out and fail eventually. It doesn't hurt to have an extra around.

The Supply of BCGs is always a constant curve. Manufacturers are not delaying shipments to hose customers. What they ARE doing is whording BCG's, LPK's, etc to continue to be able to build rifles and complete uppers. They won't want to release hard to get $100 parts and be stuck not able to build a $600 or $1000 assembly. That's understandable, right? However, that can cause builders to have a harder time to find parts.

Machine shops making bolts have (X) hours of machine time in a day. That's a fixed number. They're not going to spend upwards of a million dollars buying a brand new high dollar machine (which can take months to receive anyways) to make more bolts and hire new staffing for a temporary surge in demand. Otherwise, they'll be left holding the bag in a tight economy. Until the demand curve levels out, the supply is going to be tight.

We have thousands of bolts on order at any given time...and still can barely keep them in stock. It's ridiculous, but it is what it is right now. Consumers are driving the prices up, and availability so scarce.

New Frontier Armory Lowers-Spike's Tactical-Vortex Optics
Magpul-RRA-YHM-Timney-Ergo Grips-Mueller Optics

Last edited by JoeBobOutfitters; 11-24-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #630

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

PSA has the blemished stripped lowers in stock for $70