Deals Deals Deals. - Page 150
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Deals Deals Deals.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #1491
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you get PSA stuff within two weeks of ordering, consider yourself lucky. It took me a month to get a barreled upper assembly, and 3+ weeks to get two LBKs. On top of that, my MOE LBK was missing the butt stock. How do you forget the butt stock on a LBK? It took another 2+ weeks to get the MOE butt stock. If PSA didn't have good quality stuff at good prices, they would have gone out of business by now. They are still having a very hard time managing their growth. How long are they going to have a disclaimer on their Web page referencing an election that happened 6 months ago? They need to adapt to the "new reality" and move on. PSA is like my brother: I love 'em, but he/they still drives me CRAZY!

Old 04-22-2013, 04:37 AM   #1492

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/palmetto-state-armory-classic-qms-lpk.html

not a bad price considering it includes a ALG QMS $45 trigger.

Milspec Triggers must be had to come by right now.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #1493

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Quote:
I got the order confirmation and they've already taken the money out. Its just weird as I've made multiple orders during this "panic" and they've all been shipped within 3 days, maybe my luck just happened to skip my BCG order haha. Of course all my previous orders were ammo and accessories related, so maybe that's why they shipped faster.
As someone else mentioned above , PSA has fast turnaround on some things, and are slow on others.

It might help to know that they are a fairly small company, who have been working their hiney's off during this time.

Yeah, they don't have all the logistical support, etc, etc, etc. But what you get , after all the waiting, is a quality product.

Midway is just as out of stock as everybody else.

I wish you success with your build.

PatMan

"You'll put your eye out, kid"

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"DUMP HICKENLOOPER".. my future bumper sticker.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #1494

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnolans View Post
As someone else mentioned above , PSA has fast turnaround on some things, and are slow on others.

It might help to know that they are a fairly small company, who have been working their hiney's off during this time.

Yeah, they don't have all the logistical support, etc, etc, etc. But what you get , after all the waiting, is a quality product.

THIS!!

I originally placed a pre-order from West Fork, but had questions on how to do the FFL paperwork, as I've never done an internet purchase before. I tried to call WF customer service and got "we are not answering our phones, please send us an email for your customer service questions" So I did that. 2 weeks have gone by. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Saw that PSA had receivers in stock, so I placed the order on Sunday morning.

Their FFL instructions were crystal clear, and I had my LGS fax their license in by 10 am today. Called PSA to confirm they received it. not only did someone answer the phone, but they transferred me to the right department. unfortunately, I left a message to confirm they received everything needed for my order because it went to voice mail, but by noon, I had an email back from PSA that said "we did receive the license for your FFL Dealer, and your order will process through now."

Still waiting to hear back from West Fork. I can't even call them to cancel my order, so screw them. called my credit card company and said "reverse those charges. I can't get them to answer the phone or to respond to emails."

its a shame I have to express such a bad deal with a site supporting vendor, but...their customer service flat out sucks.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:16 PM   #1495

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

All is well, received an email from PSA this morning. Issues came up and they are working to correct it. Solid company in my opinion

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 04-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #1496

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnolans

Can you imagine the paychecks those psa employees are rolling in with all that over time? Lol
Old 04-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #1497

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92

Can you imagine the paychecks those psa employees are rolling in with all that over time? Lol
Funny...when I spoke to a customer service rep of theirs(she was top notch btw). She, laughingly, thanked folks like me for keeping her so busy!!
Old 04-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #1498

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

BCM BCG's in stock.

I snagged one finally, just waiting on the confirmation email!

Now it's showing out of stock. I really hope I got my order in time.

Last edited by xRacerX75x; 04-23-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #1499

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

for those building on a budget

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/12914/s/blackhawk-ar-15-stock-kit/?utm_source=BH+Stock+Kit&utm_campaign=Constant+Con tact&utm_medium=email

for $33 bucks you get a buffer tube, endplate, buffer, castle nut, spring and buttstock. Milspec tube diameter.

Never bought this before, can't say i recommend it. Not even sure if the tube is polymer or aluminum.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #1500
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 247 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
Never bought this before, can't say i recommend it. Not even sure if the tube is polymer or aluminum.
Gimme a few weeks, and I'll tell you if it's any good.

I ordered a LBK with this stock setup included the other day. It was $69.99 for the LBK (no fire control group), which is great since I've got a few extra milspec FCGs sitting around. It'll go on a NFA or ATI poly lower with a real light basic 14.5" barreled upper, for a $700 type of ultralight, ultra-basic build. I'll probably sell it shortly after getting it together, unless it's featherweight coolness overwhelms me. Just out of curiousity and out of sheer cheapitude, I bought one to get this lightweight simple carbine together.

Last edited by sweeper22; 04-23-2013 at 05:09 PM.