Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Deals Deals Deals.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #1021
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 233

Palmetto has 30 rd mags for $17

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/dh-5-56-30rd-aluminum-mag.html

PatMan

"You'll put your eye out, kid"

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"DUMP HICKENLOOPER".. my future bumper sticker.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #1022

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_Survivor View Post
Hi,new to forums in gen. But im looking for some parts, anybody have hook ups in the nyc area?
So, in case you're "legit", and simply inexperienced, those who have responded are

1. Suspicious that you might be a "secret agent". I'm sure you've seen enough movies to know what a "sting" is. Although , by now, BATFE knows better than to play as dumb as you're very first post implies.

2. Many/most of the people here have paid their dues , so to speak. You kind of have to spend some time reading and participating. Then you'll know why that was a dumb question. I mean no harm by saying that. But if you're really interested you will spend some time reading some other posts.

Many of us are a little suspicious nowadays, some are downright paranoid.
Ease up, and get to know the forum, let us get to know you a little. Unless choice 1 is true. Then go away.

PatMan

"You'll put your eye out, kid"

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"DUMP HICKENLOOPER".. my future bumper sticker.

Quentin Likes This 
Old 02-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #1023

Sorry, guys...this is my first forum usage in general never joined one nor know how to use them. Hi names vidal, nice to meet ya'll!! I love in the concrete jungle of nyc but i have always been planing for AnYThing! Im new to guns life but im a long time user of compound bows and recurve quick shooting skills. Please be patient with me as im now learning to use this app while on my phone.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #1024

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Saw kudos to Woodbury Outfitters a few messages back. I ordered a 5 round mag from Woodbury Outfitters last Friday morning. FedEx delivered it Saturday! Great to deal with.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #1025

Also, sorry for my new york state of mind, honestly i didn't mean too. And i didn't mean "hook ups" as in free stuff....as our inner city laws a very very very crappy!!! And every local gun shop is sold out or in indefinite back order until further notices. So i decided to familiar myself with this forum because it was in the app store.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #1026

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_Survivor View Post
Sorry, guys...this is my first forum usage in general never joined one nor know how to use them. Hi names vidal, nice to meet ya'll!! I love in the concrete jungle of nyc but i have always been planing for AnYThing! Im new to guns life but im a long time user of compound bows and recurve quick shooting skills. Please be patient with me as im now learning to use this app while on my phone.
NY as a state, (and I'm willing to bet NYC is even worse) has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, especially with the new laws your state government just passed.

make sure you know what you can and can't have before you start buying parts to build an AR-15. I don't know that anyone makes 7-round magazines for the AR platform yet....

Old 02-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #1027
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 666 Times on 341 Posts

City_Survivor, let me clarify please. It is against the law to own an AR15 in NYC, as much as we do not approve of the law, nobody here will assist you in breaking that law either. Perhaps someone here could assist you with some NYC legal firearms questions.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #1028

Yes nyc is super stern with there laws, but in reality we are all criminals in the eye of the law. But we allowed to have an ar15 as for display purposes within a display case. I acquired all but a few parts, just need some guidance cause im a noob but a fast learner!

Old 02-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnolans

So, in case you're "legit", and simply inexperienced, those who have responded are

1. Suspicious that you might be a "secret agent". I'm sure you've seen enough movies to know what a "sting" is. Although , by now, BATFE knows better than to play as dumb as you're very first post implies.

2. Many/most of the people here have paid their dues , so to speak. You kind of have to spend some time reading and participating. Then you'll know why that was a dumb question. I mean no harm by saying that. But if you're really interested you will spend some time reading some other posts.

Many of us are a little suspicious nowadays, some are downright paranoid.
Ease up, and get to know the forum, let us get to know you a little. Unless choice 1 is true. Then go away.
Thanks for the insight, i know what you guys mean. Sorry for being a noob but im here to learn and hope to get to know everybody well

Old 02-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #1030
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8tShooter View Post
Saw kudos to Woodbury Outfitters a few messages back. I ordered a 5 round mag from Woodbury Outfitters last Friday morning. FedEx delivered it Saturday! Great to deal with.
I found them a while back and ordered 1000 rounds of CCI 22 mini mag. I got in fairly quickly given all the super slow shipping we are currently experiencing. I've also ordered several mags and other parts. They have amazingly good customer service and usually have pretty good prices. They've earned my business when I have to order online.

And Citysurvivor, it's trial by fire around here. I read many, many posts before actually posting anything myself and I still caught some hell. But after a few weeks, there are a few that respect and ask for my opinion, and many that I respect and ask the opinion of. You live in the worst possible place on the continent to build, own, or even display an AR. I'm sure at some point even just displayed some visitor to your home will narc on you and you'll have to explain to the NYPD why you have such even on display. If someone broke into your home and murdered 15 people and you took it off display and killed the perp, they'd probably lock you up for killing him with an illegal weapon. That's just the sad truth in a state of gun haters.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Last edited by GeneralPatton; 02-11-2013 at 02:49 PM.