Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   AR-15 Discussion (
-   -   DD Omega Rail 7.0 "Freefloat" (

Culpepper 12-28-2010 12:28 PM

DD Omega Rail 7.0 "Freefloat"
Anybody out there got one of these, thinkin seriously about gettin one...

mjkeat 12-28-2010 02:01 PM

I dont think you can go wrong w/ DD unless you get fooled into purchasing an airsoft version.

Quentin 12-28-2010 05:21 PM

Lots of great reviews on the Omega and amazing that you can install a quality FF rail without removing the FSB and barrel nut. Like mjkeat said, you're not likely to go wrong with Daniel Defense.

MrMilspecer 12-28-2010 05:53 PM

I have the 9'' rail and find it to be very comfortable to hold with its oval shape. Very solid and lightweight and Q.D. swivel mounts. I sure like mine.

diggsbakes 12-28-2010 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 410586)
I dint think you can go wrong w/ DD unless you get fooled into purchasing an airsoft version.

I've only used DD maybe a half dozen times, never anything but perfect. Then again, I've heard few "less than perfect" reviews from folks that you'd expect "good" quality from.

Culpepper 12-28-2010 08:44 PM

I Agree with yall, the reviews are excellent, thanks for the heads up about the airsoft version, I will probably purchase it through Brownells, unless I find a better price somewhere else...Brownells has a video of the installation...on another subject, I have GG&G BUIS to co-witness through my eotech..I zeroed my eotech with No problem, but when I zeroed my buis, I had to move the aperture left quite a bit, something is not right here...yall got any ideas.....

Quentin 12-28-2010 10:33 PM

Might want to check's DD sales, good a few more days. I'd better warn you though, at those sale prices you might have them install an upper on that rail! :D