Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Daniel Defense, Ambush, AAC for 300 Blackout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Daniel Defense, Ambush, AAC for 300 Blackout

Well I'm looking at getting one of these and wonder about these three brands. Well, I don't wonder about DD but their Ambush line has me confused a bit. Seems more like a rifle made for hunting but not to mil-spec necessarily which concerns me. Or should it? Their "ads" allude to functional issues when shooting subsonic ammo without suppression whereas DD doesn't. Not that I would throw away SS ammo unsupressed but if I accidentally shoved in a mag of that without the suppressor on, I'd hate to have a non-functioning rifle just because.

And I know nothing about AAC but their Blackout rifle seems to have the right stuff, seems. I'd really appreciate any thoughts from those that know the finer points, have owned any of these, and what is the deal wth Ambush. Many thanks for any info.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'm looking to sale my brand new Smith & Wesson 300 Whisper if you're interested pm me.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

You can't go wrong with a Daniel Defense, I picked up a DD in 300 blackout last week and I absolutely love it! On the other hand, AAC makes some bad@$$ stuff, their rifles are gnarly!

Old 01-29-2013, 02:47 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprodigy918 View Post
You can't go wrong with a Daniel Defense, I picked up a DD in 300 blackout last week and I absolutely love it! On the other hand, AAC makes some bad@$$ stuff, their rifles are gnarly!
I hear you on the DD rifles. I have been jonesing for a V7 in 300 Blackout but just don't want to drop the $2800+, if you can even find one and I've only seen ONE of those, and thought about getting one in 5.56 for a little less and settling. Lucked out into a 300 Blackout barrel for my LMT CQB today so that will appease my 300 Blackout needs for awhile. Still going to ultimately want a V7 though. The AAC stuff looks really nice but I already have the 4 sided rail in the LMT. Since I already have a 5.56 G5 for that rifle, with another can on the 300 AAC barrel, that rifle will be ready for nightvision to round it out.

The Ambush line still gets my attention but I just don't get the feeling it is the quality of the normal DD. And that perception could be way off, that is just my gut on them. And their list prices are higher. Go figure.