Custom built arms inc - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Custom built arms inc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 230 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 368

Default custom built arms, also looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by loctite44144 View Post
Hi I am looking to buy an upper from them. Has anyone used these uppers and if so how are thay
Did you or anyone else deal with cba? I an looking into thier uppers.

Old 09-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by loctite44144 View Post
http://cbarms.com/asu025.html
This is the one I am looking at
Pass.

No specs on the BCG. Means they are hiding something.

416 Stainless barrel is 5.56 nato. Tells me they want a very accurate barrel, with loose chambers. Oxymoron. Won't say who made the barrel. Hiding something Pass.

Barrels are more of an art. The barrels most important spec is the maker.

I like how they say TEFLON COATED TO GOV. SPECS. Pass.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #23

Here save $200 for a great upper $500 16" chromelined barrel with free floating MI SS gen 2 12" handguard and carpenter 158 bolt.

Last edited by AgentTikki; 09-17-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:09 AM   #24

Liked 1128 Times on 733 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

LOL nice link Tikki , try again

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 09-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
LOL nice link Tikki , try again
oops......that was kinda 'barassin......

Old 09-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I talked to cbs twice over the week-end (they called after I requested thru and e-mail) I spoke with will. He has two other partners, they have been arouund the ar indusrty for quite a few years. They opened a gunshop in oklahoma a couple of years ago and this last spring they started sales on the internet. They are are like most other gunshops as they buy and sell parts, partial kits full kits etc. They do not do any machine work, cnc etc. I went ahead and ordered a 16" Sabre defence chrome lined m4 upper with 1/7 twist m4 barrel with feedramps. There are quite a few sabre uppers on the market since their issue with the Govt. hopefully it is like buying a ford truck (chevy or dodge) trucks are basically the same, only the sevice may be different. I'll keep you udated if you wish.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default specs on bcg I ordered

[QUOTE=AgentTikki;1373705]Pass.

Full auto carrier, 8620 tool steel, chrome lined carrier and gas key with black parkerized finish. Bolt 9310 steel, shot peened, black parkerized, mag particle inspected: S7 tool steel injected molded, Gas key bolts: grade 8, properly staked. They are giving me in writing that I can return any parts that I am not satisfied with, without any re-stocking fees. My thoughts are: small shop, low overhead, more personilized service. (competetive pricing?) It is worth a shot (no pun intended). I live along the serrra nevada foothills in central calif.(bummer) and the local gunshops will not give you the time of day unless you want spend 1500-2000 on a registered rifle.So here goes.( or some cheap junk)

Old 09-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

"Jack of all trades master of none" don"t you really mean "specialized in some"?

Old 09-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #29

[quote=bradam;1374735]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
Pass.

Full auto carrier, 8620 tool steel, chrome lined carrier and gas key with black parkerized finish. Bolt 9310 steel, shot peened, black parkerized, mag particle inspected: S7 tool steel injected molded, Gas key bolts: grade 8, properly staked. They are giving me in writing that I can return any parts that I am not satisfied with, without any re-stocking fees. My thoughts are: small shop, low overhead, more personilized service. (competetive pricing?) It is worth a shot (no pun intended). I live along the serrra nevada foothills in central calif.(bummer) and the local gunshops will not give you the time of day unless you want spend 1500-2000 on a registered rifle.So here goes.( or some cheap junk)

I ask again...Who made their barrel? A good chromelined steel barrel is better than a cheap stainless fluted barrel. Stainless steel will not last as long as a t 4150 or 4140 chromelined barrel. If you are looking for teeny tiny groups, then why make a stainless barrel in 5.56 nato? It doesn't make sense. It should be .223 wylde, .223 remington, or 5.56 match (which is super rare) for accuracy/repeatability. If you are looking for sub moa accuracy, get a different barrel. If you are looking for combat/practical type shooting don't get a stainless. If you want a pretty shiny barrel that shoots ok and doesn't last that long, you found the right one for you. Barrel making is more art then the stats. Get a good one from a reputable source, its worth the money.

9310 steel is ok for the bolt. Carpenter 158 is more durable, stronger, expensive(but not much more expensive) and harder to find.

I 'm just trying to help you out, not knocking on your choice. If you feel the need to buy from them it, as always, is your prerogative. You can find cheaper elsewhere, you can find more expensive elsewhere, you can find higher quality from a known reputable source elsewhere. No one here has heard of those guys, you may get awesome kit, you may get ripped off, you may get awesome customer service, you may never get your money back if things go wrong.

Last edited by AgentTikki; 09-17-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradam View Post
"Jack of all trades master of none" don"t you really mean "specialized in some"?
Yeah, it could mean that....