Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Crazy prices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 02:48 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

What site did you see a spike's lower go for $1200?

That's insane. I bet you its a couple dealers shilling accounts and making fake sales to lead the market. I can't see anyone paying that much for a stripped lower. I bet you there's one one or two that went for that much.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:17 AM   #32

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Yeah I thought I was getting gouged when I purchased ford stock at .75 each and then some low life scum wanted me to sell to him a year later for $5.75 I was like WTF dude I am gonna rip you off ! But wtf ok I take the money

Point being 1 day oranges are cheap next day they are expensive ! so stock up while they are cheap so you don't fall prey to the high pricing !

Now what happens and this is a HUGE BUTT if government says we are taking the guns now ! Then what are you willing to hand them over ? I hope not after people spending $2000 for a $575 walmart dpms ! I hope they fight for the rights of all of us ! Because that is how the USA became the best WE FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS AND OUR PEOPLE !

people will pay what needs to be paid at CURRENT MARKET VALUE ! Gm wants $80k+ for a new vette and IMHO that junk isn't worth a max of $30k but idiots will pay and that is just how it is ! and man I agree IT SUCKS !!!

Old 01-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #33

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
What site did you see a spike's lower go for $1200?

That's insane. I bet you its a couple dealers shilling accounts and making fake sales to lead the market. I can't see anyone paying that much for a stripped lower. I bet you there's one one or two that went for that much.
Agent goto gun broker I saw insane prices on lowers and ar's just insanity I was in AWE !!!

Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #34

I know buds claims they are out of ar-15s but everyday there is a new ar-15 for auction going to 2,000 dollars. I lost respect for them. their site is not easy to look through like ableammo and impactguns.

my advise is go buy a couple pistols and a bunch of magazines and ammo if your are adding to the stock. I can shoot two pistols at once. I know they are not as accurate or as powerful though.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #35

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I was at a local gun show this past weekend. Military caliber ammo cost 4 times what it was less than a month ago and most military style rifles were selling for at least twice (AR's $1,800-$2,300, AK's $800-$1,000+) their pre December rates. Hi-cap rifle mags were averaging 2-3 times the pre Newtown prices at $30-$40 for 20 & 30 rounders. OTOH, there was plenty of ammo for sale, no shortage of magazines and there were as many "black" rifles available as usual. Pistols and pistol mags were in ample supply and there didn't seem to be any appreciable price increases on them since the show held here in November. I have plenty of ammo and enough AR's and AK's in the safe already so I wasn't looking to buy a new rifle. However, I did break down and buy a complete NIB Bushmaster upper with two 30 rd mags in 7.62x39 that will go on one of my M&P-15 rifles. Best of all it was actually $100 LESS than the $800+ MSRP listed at the BM website. Other tables also offered complete uppers, with some 5.56 uppers selling for as little as $500. I guess the panic buying hasn't reached everything or everybody yet! Anyway, supplies of everything were at about the usual levels, the crowds were even bigger than usual and except for the already mentioned items, there were still good deals to be had.

FWIW, the next scheduled show here will be in March. I can hardly wait to see if the upward trend in prices has continued or leveled off. Better yet, maybe prices will have started to crash! Maybe, all the folks who bought up and hoarded guns & ammo hoping to cash in will be scrambling to unload those same guns & ammo as they see prices drop and supplies return to normal?