Crazy prices - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Crazy prices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Wow. Ouch. But wait, this has to be better!

It's the same as the argument as San Francisco having an $11 minimum wage now -- you see, the average house costs $585,000.00 and so if businesses are forced to pay at least $11/hr. then it's only more fair and the economy will pick up because everyone will make so much money!

Similarly, the more you spend on guns, parts, ammo and taxes the more you are just helping the economy! Don't you see!?

Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 AM   #12

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
What sold for $1200?
Sorry Q , I wasn't paying attention ,it was a striped lower that I had reported that it had sold for 400 on an auction web site , I was mistaken it had not sold yet at that time , in fact it did sell today for 1200$.......,whew ... Anyways ,mucho dinero for a striped lower, even if it is a red jacket tatical .

Old 01-03-2013, 02:25 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni976 View Post
i cant believe Magpul gen2 pmags are going for 59.99 on amazon, hell i paid 12.99 for one when i bought my gun
Going to try out some EMAGs from Magpul. Supposed to fit 100% AR platforms, but have been modified to fit Export type AR's. Just under 22$ each. At the time of purchase there was no back order, but you never know.
Below is from US Tactical website: www.ustacticalsupply.com

The EMAG (Export MAGazine) is a lightweight 30-round 5.56x45 NATO polymer magazine that features a number of aesthetic and functional changes from the original PMAG®. While EMAG remains 100% compatible with the AR15/M16 platform, its unique geometry is optimized for foreign-made weapons such as the HK 416, British SA-80, M27 IAR, and others.

To enhance compatibility with double and triple magazine pouches as well as aftermarket mag couplers, the EMAG features a slim, rib-less, anti-snag profile. Front-to-back and side-to-side dimensions have been adjusted to ensure compatibility with as many 'STANAG 4179' compliant weapons as possible, including most non Colt-spec AR15 rifles.

EMAG features the same pop-off Impact/Dust Cover as the PMAG to prevent dirt and debris intrusion and protect the feedlips from impact damage during storage. When not in use, the Impact/Dust Cover can be stored on the magazine's floorplate to prevent possible loss.

For easy and accurate identification of loaded round count via the large, dual-sided MagLevel windows, the stainless steel magazine spring is coated with mil-spec black oxide and the indicator coil painted with a high visibility orange color. Numerical indicators are added to the body to identify 5, 15, and 25 loaded rounds.

Features:

Impact and crush resistant polymer construction
Constant-curve internal geometry for smooth feeding
Anti-tilt, self-lubricating follower for increased reliability
Multi-use Impact/Dust Cover keeps dust and dirt out of the magazine during storage and protects the feedlips from potential hard impact damage during transit
Black-oxide coated (MIL-DTL-13924D) USGI-spec stainless steel spring
Transparent MagLevel windows on both sides of the body along with a painted indicator on the spring allows for easy determination of rounds remaining
Textured gripping surface and flared floorplate for positive magazine handling and easy disassembly

Made in U.S.A.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:47 AM   #14
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
I go to the boat, then pay bills and wait to get paid to buy bulk ammo in .223, yep I got screwed.
Stock up on .22lr and .177 pellets, before the prices inflate on those too, so you can still do some plinking without paying rediculous prices

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 01-05-2013, 12:21 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

The people do seem to have lost their minds. I had bought a 500 case of Wolf back in early November for $139. I sold it last week for $300. .60 a round for steel case. I almost felt bad about it. Of course, that was almost. Then I remembered I just made $160.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #16

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

cool i'll take 3 that's a bargain lmfbo what morons

Old 01-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #17

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

gen you gave it away i sold 600 rounds at $1 each FMJ and i fealt awesome lol

Old 01-05-2013, 01:58 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl1412 View Post

Going to try out some EMAGs from Magpul. Supposed to fit 100% AR platforms, but have been modified to fit Export type AR's. Just under 22$ each. At the time of purchase there was no back order, but you never know.
Below is from US Tactical website: www.ustacticalsupply.com

The EMAG (Export MAGazine) is a lightweight 30-round 5.56x45 NATO polymer magazine that features a number of aesthetic and functional changes from the original PMAG®. While EMAG remains 100% compatible with the AR15/M16 platform, its unique geometry is optimized for foreign-made weapons such as the HK 416, British SA-80, M27 IAR, and others.

To enhance compatibility with double and triple magazine pouches as well as aftermarket mag couplers, the EMAG features a slim, rib-less, anti-snag profile. Front-to-back and side-to-side dimensions have been adjusted to ensure compatibility with as many 'STANAG 4179' compliant weapons as possible, including most non Colt-spec AR15 rifles.

EMAG features the same pop-off Impact/Dust Cover as the PMAG to prevent dirt and debris intrusion and protect the feedlips from impact damage during storage. When not in use, the Impact/Dust Cover can be stored on the magazine's floorplate to prevent possible loss.

For easy and accurate identification of loaded round count via the large, dual-sided MagLevel windows, the stainless steel magazine spring is coated with mil-spec black oxide and the indicator coil painted with a high visibility orange color. Numerical indicators are added to the body to identify 5, 15, and 25 loaded rounds.

Features:

Impact and crush resistant polymer construction
Constant-curve internal geometry for smooth feeding
Anti-tilt, self-lubricating follower for increased reliability
Multi-use Impact/Dust Cover keeps dust and dirt out of the magazine during storage and protects the feedlips from potential hard impact damage during transit
Black-oxide coated (MIL-DTL-13924D) USGI-spec stainless steel spring
Transparent MagLevel windows on both sides of the body along with a painted indicator on the spring allows for easy determination of rounds remaining
Textured gripping surface and flared floorplate for positive magazine handling and easy disassembly

Made in U.S.A.
I'm really interested to hear more about these Emags

Old 01-05-2013, 02:16 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I was at a gun show in Vegas last weekend. I came across a Delton, price 2300. I stopped and asked if it was a total Delton. Yep. I asked if I could do a field strip. He said no, but I will for you. Yessir it was all total Delton. I told the guy I would pass. I came back to the same table about an hour later. Their was a guy wearing 500 dollar shoes, new blue jeans, nice silk shirt, and he had just bought it. He was asking questions of the seller on how it operated.

This is not gonna turn out good.

Doin' what I can, with what I got.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:32 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro View Post
gen you gave it away i sold 600 rounds at $1 each FMJ and i fealt awesome lol
You know a few people told me I shoulda held out longer. I still have 160 rounds of Tula laying around. I'll see if I can't drag some fool over the coals for $150 as the frenzy continues