Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > couple xtras

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 03:32 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Default couple xtras

Got a new scope nothing fancy, works real good also put a new handguard w/picatinney rails at 12 and 6 o clock and an added grip.

Last edited by rjgnwdc; 12-14-2009 at 03:35 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-14-2009, 03:39 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

looks good RJ. With the removable carry handle, you could also mount that scope on rings and put it right on the flat top of your receiver, too.

Slo

Old 12-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #3

Heck yeah man looking good!!

What brand of scope is that? Definitely has that "ACOG-look" thing going on. That's a good thing.

Josh

http://www.joshuasilverman.com

Old 12-14-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default couple xtras

Thanks, it's a NC Star 3-9x42mm Rubber Armored Mark III Tactical Rifle Scope with laser it works real well, so far, it's not like I'm taking it into battle so I'm thinking it should hold up. Here's a link

NcStar Mark III Rubber Armored Tactical Series Rifle Scope with Targeting Red Laser

Old 12-15-2009, 12:14 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgnwdc View Post
... it's not like I'm taking it into battle so I'm thinking it should hold up. Here's a link

NcStar Mark III Rubber Armored Tactical Series Rifle Scope with Targeting Red Laser
rj,

that's how more folks should be thinking about these things. it's sad how many out there have got it locked into their minds that they need brand x,y, or z - because someone made up this "chart" that says so. if people would just stop for a second and think about what they want -vs- need, how much they can spend, what they will be using it for (i mean seriously), and take off the tin-foil caps cuz the zombies haven't confirmed their flight yet...they would probably find themselved enjoying their toys/tools more, and spending less time worrying about what someone else might have to say about it. sure, it's nice to have the best of the best, but let's get real...most of us can't afford all of that. and yes, someone is always going to say "buy nice, or buy twice" - well, i hate to break it to them, but nice is in the eye (and wallet) of the beholders. and if you aren't going to be taking these things into 'harm's way', there is really no need to have everything MIL-SPEC, and the same as what the spec-ops/delta/tango/green-black-maroon-berret/operators are carrying. last i checked, the zombies are still quite a ways out, and 2012 was still a movie.

that's a good looking scope you got there. and while it may not be everyone's choice, while they are still trying to figure out what is their choice, you can be out there enjoying your set-up.

let us know how it works out for you.

Slo

Old 12-15-2009, 02:18 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Not a bad looking scope for the money! I bought a Barska to try out (see link) and wish I would have bought one of these instead ! The multiplification would be nice!

Amazon.com: BARSKA 1x30 IR M-16 Electro Sight Riflescope: Sports & Outdoors

Old 12-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default I looked at that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Not a bad looking scope for the money! I bought a Barska to try out (see link) and wish I would have bought one of these instead ! The multiplification would be nice!

Amazon.com: BARSKA 1x30 IR M-16 Electro Sight Riflescope: Sports & Outdoors
I kept that one (Barska) on a wish list for a month or so, but it turns out I really can't see as well as I use to so I went with magnification, I have been using the iron sights and they work great I just can't see beyond 50 yards to try and tweak the sights a little bit, now I can. I think I still may get the Barska for close up shooting for the price you can't go wrong.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

If your thinking about the Barska, perhaps you want to have a look at the Vortex Strikefire. (Link to a different post here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/aimpoint-9000sc-225-a-20397/ ) The post is about a different scope but there are some comments on the Vortex there.

I bought one of these and it seems to be a great scope and it comes with a 2x magnifier. Below is a picture of the new one I got on my latest build w/magnifier attached. If you (or anyone else) is interested, I'd be happy to sell the Vortex for what I paid for it, $ 125.00. I've never had it to the range and can't say anything good or bad about it, other than it has really good reviews and the folks that sell them really seem to stand behind them. You can google "vortex strikefire review" and read a few reviews. The only reason I am selling it is I could really use more amplification for a scope. My eyes just are not what they used to be and the 2x doesn't cut it.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:57 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Which reticle did you go with?

Old 12-16-2009, 02:26 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I got the P4 Sniper fairly basic but I can see it well and it's small.