Core 15 or Rock River ? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Core 15 or Rock River ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 234 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I've owned/built several brands. Rock River offers a solid product when it comes to range accuracy and extras for the money. They're really hard to beat for accuracy if your intended use is to sit in a fixed position and generate tight groups. The downside it that they're often on the heavy side and (in my opinion) not ideal for an 'eats anything and never fails' SHTF rifle. I've shot several. They're pretty good. I had one. Sold it before even shooting it, because it was a 9.8lb rifle that should've weighed closer to 7lbs with the given format...that's 40% overweight, without an M16 BCG...in other words, obese. I also found their customer service and integrity to be far less than acceptable.

Doublestar and Delton both offer relatively good rifles for the price, provided you do your homework and get the right price. Neither is a bad company, but folks often pay too much for each when buying from the wrong source.

I think you'll almost always get your money's worth with PSA, BCM, and Daniel Defense. There are other fine options out there (some of which I have zero experience with...I'm certainly not claiming to have it all figured out). But these three offer reliable products at fair prices. Buy PSA/BCM direct, and use a web browser to shop around for the right deal on a DD.

There are a handful of companies I continue to buy from. That's not to say they're the only good options. But they've never failed me, so consider it allegiance or an educated consumer that keeps returning to those sources.

Old 09-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #22

Liked 29 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22
I've owned/built several brands. Rock River offers a solid product when it comes to range accuracy and extras for the money. They're really hard to beat for accuracy if your intended use is to sit in a fixed position and generate tight groups. The downside it that they're often on the heavy side and (in my opinion) not ideal for an 'eats anything and never fails' SHTF rifle. I've shot several. They're pretty good. I had one. Sold it before even shooting it, because it was a 9.8lb rifle that should've weighed closer to 7lbs with the given format...that's 40% overweight, without an M16 BCG...in other words, obese. I also found their customer service and integrity to be far less than acceptable.

Doublestar and Delton both offer relatively good rifles for the price, provided you do your homework and get the right price. Neither is a bad company, but folks often pay too much for each when buying from the wrong source.

I think you'll almost always get your money's worth with PSA, BCM, and Daniel Defense. There are other fine options out there (some of which I have zero experience with...I'm certainly not claiming to have it all figured out). But these three offer reliable products at fair prices. Buy PSA/BCM direct, and use a web browser to shop around for the right deal on a DD.

There are a handful of companies I continue to buy from. That's not to say they're the only good options. But they've never failed me, so consider it allegiance or an educated consumer that keeps returning to those sources.
Hey I really appreciate the post and trying to help me out.

I got a call on a new Frankenstein AR. It has del-ton lower and PSA upper so when I head over to look at it today are morning it just might be coming home with me ... It's already dressed in all magpul everything except rear site .. Only thing about that is its all black and I ordered all FDE already lol. But hey I can build me another one

Old 09-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #23

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
My friends are trying to get me to buy del-Ton today. Just crazy..... I know nothing about those
Had one, really liked it. a lot of gun for the money and no malfunctions.

Barrel was 4150 steel (tho not 1158E certified like BCM's or Colts) HBAR config.
MOE furniture, midlenght gas system:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/7-GRFTMH16MOE

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 09-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #24

Liked 44 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I own 2 RRA AR's and other than my 2 Noveske's they are the most accurate AR's I own. I prefer them over the Colt, S&W, BCM and POF I also own.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnev
I own 2 RRA AR's and other than my 2 Noveske's they are the most accurate AR's I own. I prefer them over the Colt, S&W, BCM and POF I also own.
Yeah I love my RRA. I don't even have a problem with the extra weight some of the other guys complain about with the RRA rifles. Of course the first long gun I trained CQB with was a Mossberg 500 with a 5 point stock on it. It was so heavy in the front everything I've ever used after that feels great.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 09-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #26

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1398

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnev View Post
I own 2 RRA AR's I prefer them over the Colt,..., BCM and POF I also own.
Wow thats a powerful endorsement!

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 09-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #27

Liked 29 Times on 15 Posts

Thanks very much for all the help. I personally now will be carrying home tomorrow a RRA LAR 15 entry are a windham weaponry

image-2318457815.jpg

Old 09-17-2013, 12:58 AM   #28

Liked 48 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 250

Default I'm gonna have to go with the other guy

I'd definitely recommend the PSA/ Aimpoint Pro combo for 999.99. Can't beat that IMO. I own one, or owned one, and it performed flawlessly. Live in Greenville, SC too where they have a store, and I'll tell you their products perform GREAT. It's a no brainer, if you want a optic like an Aimpoint, but who doesn't?

PSA 16" Mid upper
Palmetto State Defense Lower
Aimpoint Comp M2
Springfield XD 9 Sub
Winchester semi 12ga
Remington 870
Mosin Nagant 91/30
RIA 2011 VZ Grips 1911 .45 acp

My deviled egg farts

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 09-28-2013, 03:45 AM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze
I'm staying around a $1000 and under ...
Check out the Windham!! Great gun lifetime warranty! Worth looking into I Love mine

Old 09-28-2013, 04:00 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 210 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Aim has the Spike's Complete Middy for $800

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1STR5035MLS&name=Spikes+Tactica l+5.56%2f.223+16%22+Midlength+Rifle&search=spike