Core 15?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Core 15?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 03:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Core 15?

Does anyone know if core 15 makes a good rifle? I found one for a really good deal im just not familiar with the manufacturer. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2014, 08:45 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 324 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Core15 is like many budget-minded AR companies...they're decent enough for the price. If you're getting it for under $700, you'll make out okay. If you're getting extras and paying more, you just have to figure out if those extras justify the increase in price for your needs.

I wouldn't buy one. The best budget cost:quality ratio is probably PSA. You can build, minimally assemble, or buy complete through them. If you want to go down to your local gun store and buy a turn-key budget rifle, I'd recommend S&W above all others. They're a solid bet for $600-800.

A lot of this depends on your budget, preferences and demands, and willingness to build. Building or not, I'd lean toward PSA. Every so often you can get a 16" complete middy from them, full milspec, CHF barrel, and $400 Aimpoint RDS for like $1K. That's sort of the ultimate bargain turn-key rifle deal for a newbie in my opinion. It's good as it is, and worth investing in if your tastes evolve.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #3

Liked 1332 Times on 892 Posts
Likes Given: 857

It's amazing how many good recommendations PSA gets. I wonder if it's other places, too, and not just here?
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #4

Liked 90 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 20

The only "bad" things I have heard about PSA is sometimes it takes a little while to get something shipped. I have read were parts may be missing from a lower build kit or order and PSA fixes it without problems.

My only experience with PSA is a small store in the Ridgeland/Ocatee South Carolina area. They do advertise that "Their prices are not the same as the advertised online prices" but are still reasonable. After all you add in S&H from online to in store pickup and you are right about the same. I have gotten discount's on ammo in store from them. Very nice people if anyone is in that area.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #5

Liked 1148 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 2039

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
It's amazing how many good recommendations PSA gets. I wonder if it's other places, too, and not just here?
If good stuff and it works . Now I do recommend the PSA premium stuff over the other stuff they offer like the PTac stuff . C/L and CHF PSA barrels are made by FN which I would consider great barrels . Their stainless is made by Wilson which is another great barrel manufacturer . Dont be afraid of their blemished stuff , 95% of the time there is nothing wrong with it . I just bought a blem Rifle kit and I couldnt find a blem on it other than the Palmetto laser etching on the upper was darker than normal , almost dirty looking . Other than that not a scratch anywhere that I could find . Their shipping is a bit slow but they are getting caught back up . Their problem is they offer so many great deals all the time that people order alot and spend alot of money there . I have seen pics of packages on their dock and I can tell you it would have filled 4-5 postage vehicles in a days time . I bought a Core15 BCG when the frenzy was taking place and I was not impressed with it , the finish wasnt great , staking was light and needed redone to what I would call my standards. And the key had marks almost like it was never really cleaned up well . It worked but wasnt worth the $135 I paid for it .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 06-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Is core 15 reliable though? I dont want to buy a gun that wont work

Old 06-08-2014, 05:10 AM   #7

Liked 731 Times on 388 Posts

Never shot one, my buddy sells them at his LGS and he said they come with a lifetime warranty. That's some good insurance at least.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:33 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 324 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cAs58 View Post
I'll bet they're reliable. It takes a severely dysfunctional company to screw up an AR. The Core15 is a safe bet to perform well enough, as are 95+% of all ARs on the market (be they $500 or $5K). If you like the gun and the price, go for it.

Most of my previous comments were aimed at you getting the most for your money. There are crazy great rifles (Noveske) for equally crazy prices, decent rifles for budget prices (S&W), and pretty great rifles for very attractive prices (PSA). Almost all ARs will meet basic acceptable levels of performance and accuracy. I've always felt that the key is getting the best rifle for your money. I have ARs of varying values. IMO PSA out-does every other company on planet Earth in one regard: VALUE. And a decent PSA will probably price out similarly to a Core15.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #9

Liked 262 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
I'll bet they're reliable. It takes a severely dysfunctional company to screw up an AR. .
Sweeper, they are out there, trust me.
purehavoc Likes This 
Old 06-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cAs58 View Post

I own a Core15 and never had any problem. It is accurate and shoots everything I feed it.