Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Complete Uppers (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/complete-uppers-100922/)

BigBizz87 11-29-2013 02:37 AM

Complete Uppers
 
Looking to buy a 6.8spc II Complete upper looking for suggestions on who makes them and who makes the higher quality uppers in this caliber.

Thanks in advance.

TheSadPanda 11-29-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBizz87
Looking to buy a 6.8spc II Complete upper looking for suggestions on who makes them and who makes the higher quality uppers in this caliber. Thanks in advance.

AR Performance and Bison armory are the go-tos for 6.8 anything.

BigBizz87 11-29-2013 03:18 AM

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id= 250

Any advice on this setup?

Seems decent for the money.

TheSadPanda 11-29-2013 03:22 AM

Pretty standard set up from a very reputable company. Has a good twist rate and better length. What are you wanting to use the for and what accessories are you thinking?

BigBizz87 11-29-2013 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSadPanda (Post 1443932)
Pretty standard set up from a very reputable company. Has a good twist rate and better length. What are you wanting to use the for and what accessories are you thinking?

I would do the upgrades such as chrome lined barrel and low pro gas block so I could easily do a handguard swap later.

I'm just looking for a defensive rifle in a larger caliber then 223 that I can swap onto my current lower not much excessories just the magpul afg and an iron sight on the front Nothin serious maybe a 3x or 4x fixed power scope plan to do some hunting with it aswell so I want it semi lightweight and simple

TheSadPanda 11-29-2013 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBizz87 (Post 1443965)
I would do the upgrades such as chrome lined barrel and low pro gas block so I could easily do a handguard swap later.

I'm just looking for a defensive rifle in a larger caliber then 223 that I can swap onto my current lower not much excessories just the magpul afg and an iron sight on the front Nothin serious maybe a 3x or 4x fixed power scope plan to do some hunting with it aswell so I want it semi lightweight and simple

defensive rifle? please elaborate

Vikingdad 11-29-2013 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBizz87 (Post 1443965)
I would do the upgrades such as chrome lined barrel and low pro gas block so I could easily do a handguard swap later.

I'm just looking for a defensive rifle in a larger caliber then 223 that I can swap onto my current lower not much excessories just the magpul afg and an iron sight on the front Nothin serious maybe a 3x or 4x fixed power scope plan to do some hunting with it aswell so I want it semi lightweight and simple

Have you considered .300 BLK? I was originally thinking of 6.8SPC but am leaning the other way now. For one thing you can make .300 BLK brass out of .223 REM, and another thing you can use the .223/5.56 magazines.

BigBizz87 11-29-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSadPanda (Post 1443975)

defensive rifle? please elaborate

SHTF. I want a 16in barrel cqb.

BigBizz87 11-29-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingdad (Post 1443986)

Have you considered .300 BLK? I was originally thinking of 6.8SPC but am leaning the other way now. For one thing you can make .300 BLK brass out of .223 REM, and another thing you can use the .223/5.56 magazines.

Yeah I have been doin caliber research for a few months now and I don't mind spending a little extra on some ammo and mags to get what I'm looking for, 300blk just isn't for me thanks for the heads up tho.

purehavoc 11-29-2013 10:35 AM

Why not go 7.62x39 upper , ammo is easier to find than 6.8 spc if shtf and ballistics are just about stacked on top of each other


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.