Complete M&P lower worth buying - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Complete M&P lower worth buying

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 331 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I may still have a spring kit here from wolf for the trigger. And I live a couple hours from the Greenville PSA shop so I'll probably just drive down there and pick it up. I can use it as a good reason to get out of town.

I see they have a 2lb trigger kit called hypertouch 24 but its not on sale and higher priced than a jard trigger kit by a ways. I'll do like normal, polish parts radius edges change springs see what I have.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1193 Times on 829 Posts
Likes Given: 1230

$312 is high for a complete lower, though I do love the S&W M&P-15 stripped lower I bought in 2009. I completed it with a DD LPK and BCM receiver extension/M4 stock/H buffer and came in a little over $300. Today you can do it cheaper with PSA.

Besides price, the real problem with the dealer's M&P-15 lower? You don't know for sure what LPK and other parts were used. If it's not original S&W he could have used anything in a stripped lower.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 11-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #13

Liked 78 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Going to b tough to beat this even with shipping and transfer fees $179 complete Moe lower
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/psa-ar-15-complete-blem-lower-magpul-moe-edition-black-no-magazine.html
Ya checked it out today and its already sold out.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #14

Quentin You must have been jerked around by a crappy dealer ?? You say that 311.95 price is high priced ! Tell me where you see a M&P complete lower assembly cheaper than $311.95 if you would. And I still think I can get it just under 300 dollars. Yea psa Is lower at 179 but that sight un seen blemished unit that has to be shipped and fees adde locally. And for a new one at 239 it not a deal after shipping and ffl. I may be able to take my time an piece meal even cheaper lower assembly together . I am not it a rush.

Our dealer is not a rip off guy like you must have dealt with. Hes not even a gun guy, just man that owns a very busy general store that happen to sell guns all at a discounted price . The M&P sport I bought there a when they first came out and no one else could fine one remember?? He found one over night thru his s&w rep out west in a gun shop. He made a swap for a firearm the other guy wanted and still sold me the sport for 595 dollars . Yep , sound like a real rip off owner.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:56 PM   #15

Sigman The Greenville store has a bunch of lower assembles still unless they got clean out since 5:30. But they might have. I just think since its sight unseen and knowing psa trigger suck worse than m&p I may see what my gen store will sell me the M&P for in the morn and decide to take my time and deside what to do. I may just piece meal one together all on sale.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
Quentin You must have been jerked around by a crappy dealer ?? You say that 311.95 price is high priced ! Tell me where you see a M&P complete lower assembly cheaper than $311.95 if you would. And I still think I can get it just under 300 dollars. Yea psa Is lower at 179 but that sight un seen blemished unit that has to be shipped and fees adde locally. And for a new one at 239 it not a deal after shipping and ffl. I may be able to take my time an piece meal even cheaper lower assembly together . I am not it a rush.

Our dealer is not a rip off guy like you must have dealt with. Hes not even a gun guy, just man that owns a very busy general store that happen to sell guns all at a discounted price . The M&P sport I bought there a when they first came out and no one else could fine one remember?? He found one over night thru his s&w rep out west in a gun shop. He made a swap for a firearm the other guy wanted and still sold me the sport for 595 dollars . Yep , sound like a real rip off owner.
I wasn't ripped off, don't know where you got that. I'm just saying are you absolutely sure it's a complete factory S&W lower? (Or is it off your Sport, you're not easy to understand.) If not, can you tell S&W lower parts from DPMS, etc.? There are a lot of nice roll marks out there with crap parts installed. He may be a really nice guy but did he get the complete lower directly from S&W or a third party?

To me it doesn't matter, I choose my parts so I KNOW what went into my ARs.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #17

Do I have to tell you again its ALL M&P. Not dealing with some BS gun shop that would make it from parts like you most have dealt with to even come up with that remark. Still waiting to see where you can buy a M&P lower assembly cheaper .

Old 11-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #18

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
Do I have to tell you again its ALL M&P. Not dealing with some BS gun shop that would make it from parts like you most have dealt with to even come up with that remark. Still waiting to see where you can buy a M&P lower assembly cheaper .
if your happy buy it, if you don't like the opinions and want to trust your general store guy go right ahead. Won't find better info anywhere but here.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
I'm glad you're happy with it. Occasionally S&W stripped lowers turn up for $130 or less. Which you finish with known quality parts for less than $300. Or you take a chance with a complete lower. However I suspect that the majority of "complete M&P-15 lowers" for sale are built up from stripped lowers. I'm trying to help you here so cool down. Have you looked to see if S&W's logo or any identifier is on the plastic stock? Milspec diameter receiver extension? Those would be strong indicators it's genuine. The lack of ... Yeah, you got it.

I came "up with that remark" because if you look around you'll see posts where people get stuck with things that aren't what they appear to be. Fakes, forgeries, or cheap builds. Even good shops don't catch all the problems. In the end, no one is looking out for you so you have to look out for yourself!

Last edited by Quentin; 11-11-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #20

Turns out my local has 4 m&p new lower assemblies in boxs for s&w setting in there lockup. He would lower his price to 300 but even he said they don't offer the same price break as on complete firearms and a M&P sport now cost $630 . But after this bs I am ordering a Aero Percision stripped lower and upper and just have it shipped to the general store for 25 bucks.

sigman84 PSA has a pile of MOE blem lower assemblies for 179 but those butt head still want to charge 30 dollars shipping even if you walk in to pick it up. And I was going to. If delieved it would cost 245 in my hands after shipping and delievery. Not so much of a deal.

That's will be it for me and this tread. I go back to what I started to do. Build what I wanted to start .