Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Compensator (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/compensator-54495/)

Rellek2020 12-31-2011 08:11 PM

Compensator

Any recommendations on muzzle compensator for my Colt Ar?

AgentTikki 12-31-2011 09:23 PM

Stay tuned, gonna write a review/comparison of a Rainer Arms XTC, FSC 556, FSC TTO, Surefire brake, and Ares Effin-A next week.

Tried to procure a battlecomp but no dice, I would have also liked a Titan SJC and Miculek but no go.

I'm honestly no so much interested recoil reduction, as I am looking for muzzlerise compensation.

Ill keep ya posted.

Rellek2020 12-31-2011 09:42 PM

Thanks Tikki,
Muzzle rise is mostly what I am interested in also

Rellek2020 12-31-2011 09:46 PM

Tikki, have you looked at or reviews the JP rifles compensator?

mjkeat 01-01-2012 12:13 AM

I hit the range (indoor 30 ft. max) a couple times this week. The first time w/ a DD and a BCM both light weight contour 14.5" barrels w/ BattleComp 1.5s and mid length gas systems.

Today it was the fore mentioned DD and the 14.7" LWRC medium contour w/ a PWS FSC556 and carbine gas system.

W/ the electronic ear pro I could hear a few people complain about the noise.

The BC 1.5 does a great job of keeping the red dot on target for fast follow up shots. It does a better job than the PWS FSC556.

The BC also does a good job at controlling muzzle flash.

Tikki, send me the Effen and I'll order a Spikes Dynacomp then compare them.

robocop10mm 01-01-2012 02:40 AM

IMHO there is not enough muzzle rise with the AR's to get all that excited about it. Proper stance corrects it. I have shot full auto and am able to keep 5 round bursts inside a 2" circle @ 25 yards.

mjkeat 01-01-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 664226)
IMHO there is not enough muzzle rise with the AR's to get all that excited about it. Proper stance corrects it. I have shot full auto and am able to keep 5 round bursts inside a 2" circle @ 25 yards.

I hear this all the time but any improvement is an improvement. Comps do increase the ability to keep your muzzle on target.

AgentTikki 01-01-2012 08:19 AM

Actually I had a Spikes LW 14.5 with pinned Dynacomp. I felt that it was only ok, kind of a middle of the road jack of all trades kind of comp. Moderate recoil reduction, and moderate redux on muzzle climb. Only bad thing I can say about is they're a pain to clean ><

You know I haven't seen too much on JP's stuff, I know they make some real nice competition stuff. Id be willing to look into it. :)

MJ, if your serious, how about a trade ? Ill lert you borrow an Effin if you'll let me borrow a battlecomp... I have 2 :)

Hey Robo, I've never shot full auto but is it harder to stay on target with sa or fa? Id assume semi because your always slapping the trigger. I'm not sure tho. I've found it harder to keep the dot from bounceing around when transitoning from targets and when shooting from non optimal positions, every advantage helps.

mjkeat 01-01-2012 08:24 AM

If my BCs weren't pinned I would.

Which comp is better, the Effin of Dynacomp?

AgentTikki 01-01-2012 08:51 AM

Dunno, haven't tried the efinn A yet.......just filled up some strippers and doing a little prep for a shoot on Monday.

Can't wait to ring in 2012 :D