Colt at Wally World?? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Colt at Wally World??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 04:14 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model70

Not calling BS yet, but do you have sources for that info?
Look up the federal ammo number on one from Walmart and one from someone else. All I know is the one from Walmart will say made for Walmart. I don't know about the guns but I know the ammo is different. But it will still do the trick.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:23 AM   #12

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Look into it. Ask a sales associate. I'm sure they'll shoot you straight.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:37 AM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

So.... Nothing? Now I'm calling BS.

Every gun I've bought at wal-mart has been just as good as anywhere else. They even let me look through their catalog. I could get any gun from any brand they carry. Remington, Savage, Mossberg, Marlin, etc.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:39 AM   #14

Whatever you say.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #15

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK
Whatever you say.
Mike are you just a royal Jack@$$ or a 13 year old kid troll that thinks he's smart? Yes Walmart does have their own "class" of guns but they are just as good as the guns you buy at gander mountain or cabelas cuz guess what bud? They are the EXACT SAME DAMN GUN as the one sold at Walmart whether it be a colt m4 or a remmy 700 sps

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 04-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #16

Not a kid and far from thinking I'm anything I'm not. My prior response was a nice/short way of saying, although wrong believe what you may I don't care to argue the point. I have learned the majority here are set in their way and often cling to ideals of a time long gone.

Plus don't forget how many people work for that corporation. Maybe someone here knows an employee or is an employee of said corporation.

This is the drawn out post I was trying to avoid.

I didn't know folks were so defensive about their Walmart purchases. Name calling? You're way to old for that.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #17

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

This idea that Walmart carries lower quality guns than other retailers is absolutely ridiculous.

they are the same guns, made by the same makers. The manufacturer is NOT making any special runs of crap guns, NOR are they throwing any "factory seconds" into a special bin labeled "for sale at Walmart only"

Get over it. If it makes you feel cheap and dirty to buy a gun at Walmart, then don't do it.

And when you make claims like this,.back it up with proof. I've heard a lot about this, and have yet to see ANY proof.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
This idea that Walmart carries lower quality guns than other retailers is absolutely ridiculous.

they are the same guns, made by the same makers. The manufacturer is NOT making any special runs of crap guns, NOR are they throwing any "factory seconds" into a special bin labeled "for sale at Walmart only"

Get over it. If it makes you feel cheap and dirty to buy a gun at Walmart, then don't do it.

And when you make claims like this,.back it up with proof. I've heard a lot about this, and have yet to see ANY proof.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

So what proof do you have to back up your claims? You demand it of others but are not willing to provide your own? Show me where it says they don't receive a special variant.

Read my posts again. You'll notice I said I have heard about this practice with firearms. Nowhere will you see where I said it was true.

Last edited by MikeJK; 04-29-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #20

I cannot speak to Walmart but I can speak to home depot. I would imagine it is the same situation.

I run a small environmental company in Florida. Therefore I am responsible for purchasing small tools along with much larger purchases. A while back we made a very large purchase of power tools for a job we were awarded. The tools we had on hand we running fine, I just wanted back up equipment for this project so that we would not need to stop work and have I sacrifice production. The tools purchased were De Walt, HILTI. Home depot had some good pricing so we went that route (normally we would order from Grainger out of convenience).

Just like anything else, my guys saw new shiny tools and they got excited. Long story short, the new home depot tools quickly died out under very tough use. Now keep in mind, I personally have de Walt tools at home and have been running them for years with out a problem. We got through the job with the old Grainger tools f the same manufacturer.

Job was completed and I went to my tool rep. (I have a relationship with a direct HILTI manufacturer rep). His answer was short and sweet. "the tools purchased and ordered from Home depot are of a slightly lesser quality than the ones for a store such as Grainger.".

Again, I cannot speak to Walmart but I would imagine it is no different than home depot.

Just my .02.

Ryan...RLTW!

Mala Malis Facimus