Colt LE6900 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Colt LE6900

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1007 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 71

My rock river came with a similar free float tube and it was a pain in the ass to get off. Once you break free the thin jam nut the tube unscrews in a breeze. But I do mean "break". Like yours the grooves on mine were not deep enough for the jam nut wrench to get a good bite, so I got the gun clamped solid and used a hammer and flat head screwdriver. Put the screwdriver in the slot and started tapping easy to try to loosen it to no avail. Gave it some heat and increased the pounding on the screwdriver. Rather than twist at all the jam nut finally broke in the groove that I had been pounding on. Then the tube came off very easily. The nut breaking was fine with me because the quad rail I bought came with a new threaded barrel nut and jam nut. Quad rail did not fit factory barrel nut, so I had to change that as well. Also a pain in the ass. But once it was all done the results were well worth the effort. Don't give up!

image-949974007.jpg

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 02-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #12

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Have you tried a spanner wrench? Gives a little more leverage.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I took it to an Armorer and he had one heck of a time with it. He stated that there is indeed loctite used on both the hand guard tube and the nut. He said purple was used. He had to machine the nut off as he did not have a tool for it and said it would not budge. At the end of the day he said I would have never gotten it off alone. Here is a post with some good pics of the rifle ( http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_29/232021_New_Colt_Light_Rifle_6900.html ) and ill post pics of my updated rifle when I'm done adding gear to it.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:07 AM   #14
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Where is Cane, you would think he would jump on this thread in seconds?!

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 02-28-2013, 01:50 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1104 Times on 612 Posts
Likes Given: 466

You'd think that, but maybe I unknowingly ticked him off.

I have such a great personality, you'd think that that kind of thing would never happen. Oh, right, back to reality.

It's an odd duck coming from the manufacturer of the military's favorite pop gun.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is what the weapon looks like now.

image-2908506738.jpg  
Old 03-03-2013, 04:52 AM   #17

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrigsby View Post
This is what the weapon looks like now.
sweet...glad you got it fixed up to your wishes. Kick azz looking stick.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #18

Default Is the Colt LE 6900 receiver extension Mil-Spec?

Do you know if the receiver extension is commercial or Mil-Spec? I'm fitting Magpul CTR stock and it makes a difference.

Cheers Nigel

Old 03-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #19

Default Is the Colt LE6900 receiver extension Mil-Spec or Commercial

Do you know if the receiver extension is commercial or Mil-Spec? I'm fitting Magpul CTR stock and it makes a difference.

Cheers Nigel

Old 10-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #20

Default Update

I know this is an old thread but still it is a good question. The answer is that it is a Mil-Spec tube.

I bought one in August 2013 for $800 added a Magpul CTR Stock, Magpul Mbus pop-up front and rear sights and a Bushnell TRS25 optic on a UTG mid level riser. (perfect co-witness set up)

I have shot approx.600 rounds through it so far and it has performed flawlessly with multiple types of ammo.