Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Colt LE6900

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 954 Times on 536 Posts
Likes Given: 393

Default Colt LE6900

Anyone here own a Colt LE6900?

Canebrake, care to comment?

The lower looks like the MAG Tactical 6061-T6 lower, but clearly it does not have some of the features of the MAG Tactical model (reinforcement around the pin holes and a few other geometry differences).

It looks like a direct competitor product to the S&W M&P15 Sport carbines, as it has the forward assist removed and the machining steps for a removable trigger guard were obviously skipped.

I see it has the silly government profile barrel, which is probably more cost cutting, but it also looks like it has some form of lightweight aluminum free float hand guard.

I'm a fan of lightweight AR-15's and this would be an interesting addition to the collection.

I'd never seen or heard of this particular model before today and I generally try to follow what Colt does with the AR-15. I guess I missed this model.

Just curious.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #2

Liked 945 Times on 670 Posts
Likes Given: 937

I first heard about the 6900 in December but it seems to be held back for now. The info you listed is what I've heard about it, much like the M&P 15 Sport with FF barrel.

This is the only picture I've seen:

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 954 Times on 536 Posts
Likes Given: 393

Quentin, there are plenty of photos of the gun on GunBroker that show more detail. I still can't believe that there's no info on Colt's website about the carbine. It must be a distributor special.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #4

I never go to GunBroker these days!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

locutus Likes This 
Old 02-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I purchased one of these last week at Sportsman Warehouse. I've tried my heart out to get the hand guard tube off of it. Anyone have any suggestions? I have broken a cratftsman strap wrench it after heating it. I called Colt and they say it should turn off with good use of hand force and that there is not any loctite used on it.

image-4151259307.jpg   image-2932881633.jpg  

Old 02-22-2013, 05:02 AM   #6

Looks good. More pics, please!

And might help to figure out how to remove the tube.

______

Old 02-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 63 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrigsby
I purchased one of these last week at Sportsman Warehouse. I've tried my heart out to get the hand guard tube off of it. Anyone have any suggestions? I have broken a cratftsman strap wrench it after heating it. I called Colt and they say it should turn off with good use of hand force and that there is not any loctite used on it.
Reverse thread maybe?

Old 02-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #8

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrigsby
Did you back off the jam nut? Rotate the lighter colored ring clockwise towards the receiver, that should take tension off of the hand guard.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I can't find a tool to back off the jam nut with. The depth of the nut is not deep enough to use a Jam Nut Wrench on. I went to Home Depot and picked up a $30 Rigid Strap Wrench and still can't break it free. I'm going to visit an Armorer at a local gun shop and employ their services to remove it for me.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #10

I purchased one last weekend. I would like to know when you get it figured out!