You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Colt Le 6920 magpul edition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 03:31 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Good choice and good price.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:53 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Any comments on the special tool or a case recommendation?

Old 05-27-2013, 04:42 AM   #33
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUDAN View Post
This one is good deal

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B0054LT4K2/ref=mw_dp_olp

Old 05-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #34
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1927 Times on 1079 Posts
Likes Given: 828

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylo View Post
Is that why Colt LOST the military contract to Remington & the DEA, FBI & CIA went to RRAs. Colt is now buying cheap low quality guns to sell at $850 from a budget econo gun maker & putting Colts name on them. Once was the best, didn't improve & lost. Dream on! RRA has a lifetime wattenty & guaranties 3/4" MOA. Does Colt?
Colt lost the military contract for the M4 carbine because it wanted too much money. Similarly, FNH USA lost the contract for the M240 to Colt. Uncle Sam purchases NSN items based on adherence to specifications and cost.

What does that prove about both companies?

They wanted too much money for their product so the government put the manufacturing of the products up for bidding and the lowest bidders won the contracts.

The DEA, FBI, and CIA can purchase whatever they want, but quite frequently purchase whatever they perceive to be the better deal. When the US military was unloading extra Colt carbines and rifles those agencies snapped them up. Now that they have to purchase on contract, they perceive the RRA carbines to be a better deal.

Colt has a limited lifetime warranty just like RRA's limited lifetime warranty.

BTW, RRA says that the accuracy is 1 MOA at 100 yards for the types of carbines that those agencies would order. The competition models are claimed to be 3/4 MOA at 100 yards.

I'd have to see a lightweight barrel AR get 1 MOA to believe it. I'm sure it's possible, but I'd want to see that in person. I have no interest in the heavy barrel AR's, at least if I have to carry it, but to each his own.

What does 1 MOA accuracy at 100 yards buy you when most LE engagements with carbines are at in-room distances?

How tight are the tolerances on those carbines that they can maintain that level of accuracy?

If it were me, I'd rather have a slightly less accurate carbine with some tolerance for dirt and debris.

I've shot 2 to 3 MOA groups with Federal XM193 and a Colt AR6721 at 100 yards using an Aimpoint Comp M3 and 3X magnifier, but never much better than 2 MOA.

Dammit flylo, now I want a RRA carbine to play with.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #35

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I bought the Coyote 20" for varment hunting which has the 3/4 MOA guarantee. $1059 w/free shipping & no CC fee. It's a true sub 1/2 MOA rifle. I wasn't knocking Colt, they just didn't keep up with what customers wanted because they thought the goverment contract was forever. Then went after the low end market which was a mistake IMHO. I think they had the ability to design a top shelf rifles maybe even bolt actions or 50 BMG. I'm just not happy they went the "me too cheapest on the rack" route. http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/43642/c/firearms#

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Colt lost the military contract for the M4 carbine because it wanted too much money. Similarly, FNH USA lost the contract for the M240 to Colt. Uncle Sam purchases NSN items based on adherence to specifications and cost.

What does that prove about both companies?

They wanted too much money for their product so the government put the manufacturing of the products up for bidding and the lowest bidders won the contracts.

The DEA, FBI, and CIA can purchase whatever they want, but quite frequently purchase whatever they perceive to be the better deal. When the US military was unloading extra Colt carbines and rifles those agencies snapped them up. Now that they have to purchase on contract, they perceive the RRA carbines to be a better deal.

Colt has a limited lifetime warranty just like RRA's limited lifetime warranty.

BTW, RRA says that the accuracy is 1 MOA at 100 yards for the types of carbines that those agencies would order. The competition models are claimed to be 3/4 MOA at 100 yards.

I'd have to see a lightweight barrel AR get 1 MOA to believe it. I'm sure it's possible, but I'd want to see that in person. I have no interest in the heavy barrel AR's, at least if I have to carry it, but to each his own.

What does 1 MOA accuracy at 100 yards buy you when most LE engagements with carbines are at in-room distances?

How tight are the tolerances on those carbines that they can maintain that level of accuracy?

If it were me, I'd rather have a slightly less accurate carbine with some tolerance for dirt and debris.

I've shot 2 to 3 MOA groups with Federal XM193 and a Colt AR6721 at 100 yards using an Aimpoint Comp M3 and 3X magnifier, but never much better than 2 MOA.

Dammit flylo, now I want a RRA carbine to play with.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #36

Liked 87 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Colt still makes a military grade, top tier AR that has been their bread and butter firearms for decades. I use to think that if they lost their government contracts they'd soon be out of business. Who knew the M4/M16 would last this long as our service rifle. In the past couple of years they've really started catering to the civilian market again to survive as a viable company. I think they foolishly licensed their name to several companys who now produce firearms with the Colt name like the rimfire clones made by Walther. Their model 6900 made by some other company has met very mixed reviews. Their Marksman line made in Texas is licensed by them and are hand built rifles geared to 3 gun match shooters, and have been received well.
Smith & Wesson was the first company to produce an AR with Magpul MOE from the factory, then Colt started doing likewise along with other companys. I hope the company survives as it's such an iconic American firearms producer.
towboater Likes This 
Old 05-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUDAN View Post
I didn't use a special tool to put the handle on my Magpul forend. Just a good grip and a downward pull on the ring. It's a bit strong.
But I found if I did one side at a time by tilting the ring it came right off. Same for reinstall. I've had the two pieces kinda hang up,on reinstall, a semi sharp blow with the heel of my hand and was good to go.
Hope that helps..........
BT
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #38

Liked 190 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikertrash58

I didn't use a special tool to put the handle on my Magpul forend. Just a good grip and a downward pull on the ring. It's a bit strong.
But I found if I did one side at a time by tilting the ring it came right off. Same for reinstall. I've had the two pieces kinda hang up,on reinstall, a semi sharp blow with the heel of my hand and was good to go.
Hope that helps..........
BT
I just did the same thing a week ago when my new handguard came in lol

Old 05-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #39

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Apparently I'm retard ill see if that works on mine as it should obviously lol

Old 05-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default LOLOL....No....

I dont believe that Tard is the correct term....Lets go with undereducated..... I'm a AR newb also, but I have this predisposition that prevents me from taking direction well, so I have been know to take thing's apart and then go oh, S$%^....now, how do I put this back together...so then I start using brute strength and ignorance to resolve the issue....sometimes it works, sometime's not so much....this time it just happened to work out....

BT
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.