Colt Le 6920 magpul edition - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Colt Le 6920 magpul edition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Thanks Jagermeister...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
I have shot government owned Colts for about 20 years now. I would love to have my own, but the company is not exporting to Germany. So, I bought a German engineered AR. Still, I would buy a Colt if they were offered over here. Bikertrash58's PDR looks real nice.
I thank you and my Colt thanks you for the compliment. I wish there was something I could do to help you acquire a Colt 6920. Actually there might be but I think it would be better discussed over PM's rather than on the forum.
Us Krauts ( please dont take offense to my reference, as I am VERY proud of my heritage, just like to have a little fun with it.) have to stick together.....I am of almost full German decent, as both sets of Great Grandparent's came over on the Big boat after WWI to get away from what was inevitably coming. My mom's Maiden name is Buchheim. My birth name is Myers. Not sure exactly how much German blood of Fathers side but Moms is Full. They both wanted my first name to be spelled in the German way. Kurtis...
Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread.

BT
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Congrats on the Colt. Colt IS the standard. Some may not think so, but they would be wrong. It is an outstanding AR that IS battle proven every day. I put my life on the line with a Colt many times as I'm sure others here have as well. Not many of those "other brands" have that distinction. You made the right choice.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikertrash58 View Post
I thank you and my Colt thanks you for the compliment. I wish there was something I could do to help you acquire a Colt 6920. Actually there might be but I think it would be better discussed over PM's rather than on the forum.
Us Krauts ( please dont take offense to my reference, as I am VERY proud of my heritage, just like to have a little fun with it.) have to stick together.....I am of almost full German decent, as both sets of Great Grandparent's came over on the Big boat after WWI to get away from what was inevitably coming. My mom's Maiden name is Buchheim. My birth name is Myers. Not sure exactly how much German blood of Fathers side but Moms is Full. They both wanted my first name to be spelled in the German way. Kurtis...
Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread.

BT
My last name is also Myers. My fathers family also came by boat and ended up eventually in Kentucky. We are originally from Hamburg. My mother is Italian.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:53 AM   #24

Liked 57 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

By standard as it applies to Colt I say that because Colt has been the main supplier of ARs to the US military for 50 years. Government standards are extremely stringent and while there have been a few other M-16 suppliers like a division of GM and lately FN, Colt has produced far more than anyone else.
Another great example is Colts 1911 pistol, there are numerous makers who make good 1911s but they are all copies.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:43 AM   #25
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 949 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 229

To a degree, it is tradition. I own a colt, but I also own an Olympic, a PWA, and two DPMS.

Most if us would never wear out any AR , regardless of brand. I love them all. Would like to add a Bushmaster and a S&W to my collection, as well as a 10mm upper.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #26

Liked 57 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I agree there are a lot of good ARs made by other manufactures. One of my best is a 20 year old Eagle Arms, a company that morphed into ArmaLite when they bought the name. When piston ARs started to be the rage I bought a Smith & Wesson example and it to is a very good rifle backed by a lifetime warranty. Then there are the boutique ARs with there boutique prices, some may have unique features but it boils down to what you want. It seems like every month there's a new company making ARs. Everytime I go to one of several shops there will be an AR made by a company I never heard of before. I believe that if you go with a known name brand company you'll get a decent AR. If you go with a Colt you know what you are getting, a battle tested AR made on the same line, with the same materials and quality control as the service M4s.
If you ever get the opportunity to take the factory tour at Colt you'll be impressed.

dsc08823.jpg   dsc02039.jpg  

Old 05-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #27

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Love it so far guys love that I bought Colt! I'm just all around happy, one more thing I could use some help on. It appears I need a special tool to take off my foregrips to install the vertical Magpul handle. Where can these be ordered? Also any suggestions on a case?

Old 05-27-2013, 01:31 AM   #28

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Is that why Colt LOST the military contract to Remington & the DEA, FBI & CIA went to RRAs. Colt is now buying cheap low quality guns to sell at $850 from a budget econo gun maker & putting Colts name on them. Once was the best, didn't improve & lost. Dream on! RRA has a lifetime wattenty & guaranties 3/4" MOA. Does Colt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag318 View Post
By standard as it applies to Colt I say that because Colt has been the main supplier of ARs to the US military for 50 years. Government standards are extremely stringent and while there have been a few other M-16 suppliers like a division of GM and lately FN, Colt has produced far more than anyone else.
Another great example is Colts 1911 pistol, there are numerous makers who make good 1911s but they are all copies.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:38 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

My Colt was made in Canada.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:28 AM   #30

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater
My Colt was made in Canada.