Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Colt Le 6920 magpul edition (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/colt-le-6920-magpul-edition-90913/)

OUDAN 05-19-2013 12:54 PM

Colt Le 6920 magpul edition

I found one online in so close to ordering. Any comments concerns or thoughts about this? I am new to the AR world but everything I find on this 6920 people love them. Any comments will help thanks in advance!

PathfinderAFW 05-19-2013 01:02 PM

Not going to claim expert status or anything but you're going to be well off with any "name brand" ar. That's not to say obscure names aren't good but in my opinion require closer inspection. Colt is a good name for a mid grade ar so I'd say you're good to go. Bit pricy though. Hope you enjoy your soon-to-be-new rifle! And welcome to the "AR Club"!

towboater 05-19-2013 01:35 PM

Darn fine rifle with magpul. How can ya go wrong? I dont know how much ya they are going for.

sweeper22 05-19-2013 05:48 PM

For $1200 this is a decent buy. For under $1400, it's worth considering if you really want a Colt.

This is a good $1100 rifle with $100 worth or furniture upgrade (assuming stock, hguard, grip, tguard).

Colt is fine. In my opinion, you can do better (BCM, DD) if the price is much north of $1200. But sometimes many of us find ourselves enamored with a specific brand...in which case it might be worth spending a little more to get what you really want. And that's just fine.

Bikertrash58 05-19-2013 08:09 PM

You mean like this ?

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 101784
This is mine. I purchased for $1299.00, 3 days after the tragic shooting in Newtown. Basically right at the beginning of all the ridiculess s#&* that has transpired since.
As Sweeper stated, It's a basic Colt LE 6920, its got a little over $100 worth of Magpul stuff. I got this one, as it was the last of a pallet load of AR's that arrived that day, at my local firearms emporium. Again, it was the beginning of all the craziness that started in mid Dec.
I waded thru 50-60 other knuckleheads to get it, and felt damn lucky to get what I did.
Yes, there are other makes out there that may or may not be better, BUT , I believe, having a rifle that is the same make and configuration, Made with the same materials, under the same quality control, and is built in the U.S.A. Is the same weapon that is used by our soldiers on the front lines, less full auto of course, is well worth the price of admission. If you get my meaning.
As you can see I did add a Aimpoint PRO to it, and is in just the beginning stages of configuring the rifle to fit and suite ME.
I dont think you or anyone can go wrong with a colt. IMHO
BT:cool:

OUDAN 05-19-2013 08:26 PM

Decision made and ordered!!! $1299 I feel lucky! Thanks for all the advice!

Bikertrash58 05-19-2013 09:05 PM

Well done OUDAN.....

I think you will be very happy. A Colt is Battle proven, Battle tried, and if it's Good enough for the SEAL's down to the grunt in the trenches (No disrespect meant in any shape or form) fighting to stay alive or to protect his comrades, then By God it's good enough for me.
Happy shooting, BT:cool:

towboater 05-20-2013 12:28 AM

I think youll be very happy with your choice. Congrats!!!!!!!!

OUDAN 05-22-2013 12:22 PM

COME ON FRIDAY!!!!! Lol I'm like a kid at Christmas time.

MrPEZO 05-22-2013 04:37 PM

Great choice for a fair price! Enjoy it!