Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Colt AR opinions and value (pics) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/colt-ar-opinions-value-pics-67577/)

Powersportgiant 07-04-2012 12:56 AM

Colt AR opinions and value (pics)

3 Attachment(s)
Okay, I'm gonna do some trading on this Colt AR and just want Opinions and Value please. The full Auto selector I hear is rare...

Colt M4 upper with 14.5" barrel and 1.5" flash hider permanently attached; Delaware Machinery Lower standard M4 Stock, Knights Armament Quad Rail Handguard, A3 flat top upper with flip up rear sight, complete Colt BCG & bolt, also has an m16 selector switch , no auto hammer or seat so it's legal, but switch turns all the way to auto.

Attachment 50620

Attachment 50621

Attachment 50622

tacticalfun 07-04-2012 12:59 AM

If the barrel is shiny id say on market maybe 1100-1200. The rail system is nice but a colts value is with colt parts. What year was it made? How many rounds down range?

Powersportgiant 07-04-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacticalfun
If the barrel is shiny id say on market maybe 1100-1200. The rail system is nice but a colts value is with colt parts. What year was it made? How many rounds down range?

No idea. Like I said, we have a verbal trade agreement currently and scheduled to meet this week.

tacticalfun 07-04-2012 01:12 AM

Get a serial and call colt.

JonM 07-04-2012 01:43 AM

cant tell from the pic but does it have a small hole right above the selector switch??

a full auto selector is a grey area part atf has written different conflicting opinions on their legality in a non nfa gun. personally i wouldnt buy a gun that had one without being a legal automatic. its not like a fa bolt carrier that is 100% ok.

a mixed parts gun that someone else has put together i would pass on.

just my opinion

X-mark 07-04-2012 01:43 AM

I don't know if I would put too much weight on it having a Full Auto Selector. I actually think that is a negative in a semi-auto only configuration, since you now have a switch position in play that does nothing but give you potential overthrow. Given that you can get a brand new Colt for right around $1000 and this a mix of parts, I would definitely say sub-$1000...maybe even sub-$800.

Quentin 07-04-2012 05:07 AM

A shame that upper isn't on a Colt lower because it knocks at least $250 from the overall value. Wouldn't mind having the upper since it's Colt and has the KAC rails but overall I'd pass. The auto selector definitely is something to replace most ricky tick if you buy the gun.

Powersportgiant 07-04-2012 01:17 PM

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I made a trade offer and we are going to meet for inspection. U will not back down on an offer I make unless there is something not disclosed or condition is not as described. Will update after more information is obtained