Collectible? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Collectible?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 01:49 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Can you have an SBR and suppressor in NY? I'd build an entry style AR, complete with suppressor, with it, just to stick it to the man. You know, keep in theme with the decoration on the lower.

Get one of these guys: http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id= 253 and have the barrel cut down to 12 inches. Tune the gas system to work properly with the short barrel and suppressor.

Suppressor in .458 SOCOM: http://www.sai.dk/sai-rifle-suppressors.php

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:01 AM   #12

Liked 3736 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Dillinger,
We'll see how things go with the STAG. If I feel confident enough after that one than I may take up the 6.5 Grendal. As far as the range report goes, I doubt I will get you one before March. I still have research to do on the scope. Then I have to break in my girl. Plus I am hoping that by then the winter weather will have broken. I am sure she will shoot fine, it's me that I would be wondering about.

By the way, when are you gonna finish Mjolnir? I am hooked on that thread.

Matt,
I like the way you think, I was thinking about buying a complete one of those for Christmas as well. Unfortunately here in NY you cannot have an SBR or a suppressor, plus a whole host of other stuff. Trying to stick it to the man here would probably land me in Rikers getting stuck by some man. Not the direction I want to go in.

But, fortunately for me, I won't be living in NY for more than a couple of months. So that may be a possibility.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:16 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I think it is a nice looking lower and seems to be of high quality... worth the price paid. But collectible? Probably not. It should hold its price or raise in price equal to other quality AR receivers.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:07 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Matt,
I like the way you think, I was thinking about buying a complete one of those for Christmas as well. Unfortunately here in NY you cannot have an SBR or a suppressor, plus a whole host of other stuff. Trying to stick it to the man here would probably land me in Rikers getting stuck by some man. Not the direction I want to go in.

But, fortunately for me, I won't be living in NY for more than a couple of months. So that may be a possibility.
I live in Cali, so I feel your pain quite strongly. Hang onto it, just in case you land in a free state while we're still a free country. You know that you want to, as that would be a damn fun gun that I laid out for you, even if you did build it in 5.56, rather than the .458 suggested.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Dillinger,

By the way, when are you gonna finish Mjolnir? I am hooked on that thread.
The Thunder Hammer shipped out from Lone Wolf in it's new uber high tech stock yesterday as a matter of fact. Should be back in the shop for bluing and final assembly by the end of the week. With luck, and if I get my ass in gear and get a scope, I should have a range report in Feb....*crosses fingers*

JD