Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > cmmg mag followers problem.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts

Default cmmg mag followers problem.

I just purchased a bag of three of the ss mag followers. I assumed they could be put into any AR15 mag. But I opened up my Colt 20 round and it has a flat spring steel riveted into it so it Ls into the mag bottom to catch the floor plate. There is not way to get the follower into the mag without bending and possibly breaking it. I put them into my 30 round mags and they work fine. But I don't think there is any way to put them into the mag with out breaking it off or bending it up. Anyone else tried this? The problem is I get the rear of the case that will sit just about a sixteenth of an inch down and the bolt will over strip. I have black plastic followers in the colt 20 rounders. Any help appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4474 Times on 2359 Posts
Likes Given: 255

are you having issues with the colt mags??

my few colt 20 rounders are beyound excellent. ive been using them for over 25 years. typical use was to slap em in a back pocket as a backup while working out on the ranch back in texas. easier to carry than a 30 rounder they saw a LOT of use.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #3

Liked 730 Times on 541 Posts
Likes Given: 699

I agree with JonM. I've got a few Colt and NHMTG 20rd mags and they work great. I've never had any reason to rebuild them. My 30rd round GI mags have been upgraded with Magpul Gen III followers.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #4

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts

I have 4 colt mags 20rd. Two have aluminum followers that work fine and have never given me any trouble. Two have black plastic followers and over strip every so often.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #5

Liked 730 Times on 541 Posts
Likes Given: 699

Weird, all of mine have black plastic followers and work fine in both my ARs, wonder if I would have trouble with yours - and vice versa?