Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > CMMG .22 lr conversion kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Default CMMG .22 lr conversion kit

Bought the stainless CMMG .22lr conversion kit for my AR . Lots and lots of cheap fun . We ran about 150rds of winchester 333 thru it . no issues, this is a fabulous little kit . I think all my mags held 26 rds. It is still very loud for a .22
I also ran about 25 rds of aguilia 22lr thru it . Blistered some pop cans at 25 yards . we didnt shoot much farther because we had 35 mph winds this evening . It shot about 4" to the right of my red dot and I would say it was fairly accurate for a 1:7 barrel with the winds we had . as far as true consistancy I dont know but I will check that next time I go out when the winds arent blowing crazy . The unit is a drop in and takes literally 30 seconds or less to put in and be able to shoot the first round. The mags need the tabs taken off the back but this is in the instructions and you can cut or grind them off pretty easy , leaving these on wont allow the mag to seat all the way and makes it very hard to get a mag in and out . The kit was pretty dirty when we pulled it out because of the way the gas tube pukes all over it but being stainless everything wiped right off of it , nothing a little brake clean wont clean up and make shiney again. .We ran 4 different factory CMMG mags none of them had any problems feeding and they load pretty easy until you get to the end and then the alst couple of rds get pretty tight . All in all it was well worth the $149 I paid for it , and my kids love it . Still has a slight kick to it which gives them more of a realistic feel without lightening my wallet so bad . Kids happy , Dad happy and not something every 8 yr old kids gets to experience

Last edited by purehavoc; 03-08-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5469 Times on 2856 Posts
Likes Given: 354

they do fine at 25yds or less. get out to 30-50 or so and the target looks like you threw a handful of gravel.

its not because the kit doesnt work its the twist rate.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-08-2012, 01:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
they do fine at 25yds or less. get out to 30-50 or so and the target looks like you threw a handful of gravel.

its not because the kit doesnt work its the twist rate.
Yeah I wondered about that , I think it would be a good , cheap way to train for close quarter combat though

Old 03-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #4

I broke the gun down today to put the original bolt back in for my dad since he is going to take it to texas and shoot some hogs next week and talk about dirty .22lr has got to be the worst and dirtiest ammo ever in a AR , I shot 500+ rds of Tula thru it and it was not even close to being as dirty as the 150 rds of .22lr that we shot last night .