Cheaper than dirt.com
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Cheaper than dirt.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Cheaper than dirt.com

I am lookin at buying an AR from cheaperthandirt.com and was wondering if anyone has ever ordered from there? Any pros or cons?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #2

Liked 76 Times on 46 Posts

Why there? Which one? I haven't bought anything from them. Just make sure that your getting the best deal with tax, shipping and FFL costs. Have you checked gunbroker or the other sites?

Old 06-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 125 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 40

I have and they are awesome. I bought a crossbow from them that broke and they exchanged it immediately. I received the new one and I broke it, no fault of theirs or the manufacture and they replaced it in under a week. I got another model and simply didn't like it and they took it back and refunded my money within 2 days. I find their prices as good as anything else you can find once you consider shipping. One thing to look at though is that sometimes they offer the same product at slightly different prices because they ship from warehouses all over the country. Make sure you find the cheapest one. At least this was the case with the crossbow.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Don't buy from them. They gouge prices worse than anyone. The guy above is right with all cost your not much more just buying local and not from those scum bags

Old 06-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

CheaperThanDirt.com should be boycotted by everyone and anyone who has a firearm. During the lean period of ammo shortage and firearms, Cheaperthandirt was the one scoundrel who spiked their prices to an astronomical point that made it very difficult for every American to purchase. They will try to do all they can do to worm their way back into our good graces. But I will NEVER FORGET and will NEVER BUY from them ever again.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 955 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 386

I traded there yesterday, but they had what I needed at a good price and I needed by this weekend. At a 10 minute drive, and with an adjoining firearms store they are a convenient, albeit last resort option for me. The tellers on the gun side are rude-aggressive....the catalogue side would rather not be bothered!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 06-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2833 Times on 1407 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
CheaperThanDirt.com should be boycotted by everyone and anyone who has a firearm. During the lean period of ammo shortage and firearms, Cheaperthandirt was the one scoundrel who spiked their prices to an astronomical point that made it very difficult for every American to purchase. They will try to do all they can do to worm their way back into our good graces. But I will NEVER FORGET and will NEVER BUY from them ever again.
QFT!
They are a bunch of crooks.
$60 for a 100 round box of Mini Mags.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-075
How about $200 for a brick of Armscor .22 ammo?
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-0552
Perhaps some 9mm practice ammo is more to your taste? $30 ish +S&H, such a deal.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM426
Does any of that seem reasonable?
Oddly enough, things have begun to ease up somewhat on ammo availability and pricing locally, but not CTD.
Oh, and it isn't as if their prices were all that special before their recent shenanigans.
I will go WAY out of my way to avoid using them for anything in the future. Hell, I'll pay Cabela's prices before I patronize CTD.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld
People Like This 
Old 06-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #8

Liked 221 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 294

I use to get my ammo from CTD. At the time, the prices weren't so bad, about 12 cents a round when bought by the case. I made the mistake once of buying a collapsable buttstock from them. Turns out the threads on the tube weren't CNC'd, and I had to cant it sideways a little to hold the buffer detente in. It was a DPMS brand, and I was putting it on a DPMS lower, so they should have matched. Anyway, it doesn't look like they will get my business any more. Just my .02

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #9

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I assure you Cheaper than Dirt has competition in the On-line hunting and shooting supply business. Anyone who is intrested in finding a better alternative to CTD is free to private message me for a recommendation to a good company. I'll even give you a coupon code for added savings.

Jim Richards
Minnesota Based Field Man for Alkali International Corp.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8859 Times on 3837 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Papa Jim- I have had correspondence and dealing with AIC himself for a number of years. Could not say enuff good things about him, and products I have seen come out of there. Used to hang out on the AuctionArms forum. If you speak with the man, please tell him C3 sends his best.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.