Carbon Fiber AR15 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Carbon Fiber AR15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 01:10 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

What makes the colt nicer? I own one but dont own a sig. The only ar i think functions better is my hk. But that costs 3x more. Im not trying to pick a fight i swear but ive never handled a bcm..why does everyone swear buy them instead of the name brands?

Old 06-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #22

Liked 1070 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun View Post
What makes the colt nicer? I own one but dont own a sig. The only ar i think functions better is my hk. But that costs 3x more. Im not trying to pick a fight i swear but ive never handled a bcm..why does everyone swear buy them instead of the name brands?
BCM is a name brand and is every bit as good as Colt. The main reason many of us choose them over Colt is extra selection, mainly the midlength gas system and more barrel choices. With BCM you really can have it your way.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:48 AM   #23

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

That and their business practices. I know I've said it before they are always willing to put their product in the fire for all to see.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:50 AM   #24

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, Noveske, LMT, Larue are top tier manufacturers. For 1k dollars you'd be well served to buy a colt, save a few hundred more and take your pick of this manufacturers. If you're buying it just to shoot at the range and will never use it to defend yourself by anything you'd like! You will get a million opinions, take them all with a grain of salt;-)

Fetep

Old 06-11-2012, 02:40 AM   #25

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun View Post
I forgot to mention but I appreciate these sort of questions. You didn't get defensive yet you asked for an explanation.

W/ Colt type companies you get consistency and value. You know what you're getting.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:47 AM   #26

Liked 1134 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

There are lots of great brands out there . As far as one brand better than another brand ? Nobody out there has the time or money to test all these rifles together and they are all going to eventually have a failure some just sooner than others even with the same brand . I personally think you should be able to find what you want for well less than $1000 . I would love to own a BCM or DD or Colt but I have shot a Colt, Del-ton, Rock River, Bushmaster and a few others and to be quite honest with you it was really no different than my PSA and Spikes . No problem with any of them on our outing they all operated perfect no matter what ammo we crammed down the barrels