Captrix Arms... review/advice
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Captrix Arms... review/advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 8

Default Captrix Arms... review/advice

Hi there. Brand new to the forum. In fact this is the first forum I've ever joined. I was looking for some advice. I'm considering buying an upper from Captrix Arms, but I've never heard of them and can't find anything about them online.

http://www.captrixarms.com/product_p/cultra.htm

Anyone dealt with them? The prices seem great, but I'm a little hesitant. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #2

Liked 985 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 633

Meh. Did you notice it doesn't include a BCG or charging handle? So by the time you're done getting those, you'd pretty much be up to the price of a lot of other lower end uppers, seems to me. Many of which seem to have a pretty good reputation, and plenty of info and reviews around. Plus, light weight makes more recoil.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Nutinwrks Likes This 
Old 05-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #3

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The description suggests low end parts, a UTG rail would never appear on one of my AR's. Who makes the barrel? They appear to sell some brand names and then assemble some uppers to sell under their own name. I think if you want a cheap upper that will not be worked hard this may fill your needs, but as noted above there are good reputable makers for not much more money.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #4

Liked 2194 Times on 1292 Posts
Likes Given: 475

This one could be heavier, but comes with a reputation that is better established, and a listing of parts that have a good reputation for less money.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-16-mid-stainless-ss12g2-premium-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

Old 05-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #5

All true. Actually I'm just being desperate. I actually wanted to get their 300 Blackout pistol upper, but since they only have four left, didn't want to post it. They are hard to come by now and at $369, had me considering taking a chance. Decent ones (Ares Armor) are going for $700.

Ok, I'll just keep waiting. Thanks for the advice.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:46 PM   #6

Liked 985 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 633

If you're going 300 Blackout, then from what I've heard there is not going to be any cheaping out. If you want to shoot it, anyway. You either pay out the nose for the ammo, or reload it. I would be so all over that caliber, if it wasn't for the ridiculous ammo thing.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Last edited by clr8ter; 05-03-2014 at 07:53 PM.
People Like This 
Old 05-03-2014, 11:41 PM   #7

So true about the ammo. It's going to inspire me to start reloading. I have a couple .308 rifles anyway, so the projectiles will be the same. I'll collect my 5.56 brass and cut it down. That way I can do my own sub-sonic rounds. Which may inspire me to get my first suppressor. Have you seen the new ones developed by H&K?

Old 05-03-2014, 11:53 PM   #8

Here's what I missed out on last weekend for $379.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-16-chf-300-aac-1-8-pistol-gas-ss12g2-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

Old 05-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5673 Times on 2963 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutinwrks View Post
So true about the ammo. It's going to inspire me to start reloading. I have a couple .308 rifles anyway, so the projectiles will be the same. I'll collect my 5.56 brass and cut it down. That way I can do my own sub-sonic rounds. Which may inspire me to get my first suppressor. Have you seen the new ones developed by H&K?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSD_bba7sjA
cutting down the brass you still need to ream out the inside to the correct dimension. lots of manual labor. better to just buy brass or loaded ammo new and save the empties.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Nutinwrks Likes This 
Old 05-04-2014, 11:18 PM   #10

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I shoot lots of 300 BO and am amazed at the people who often do not own one but comment about the price of the ammo. Like every caliber you can buy expensive loaded rounds or just buy the components and roll your own on the cheap. For plinking I use brass that is remanufactured and sold by PSA with pulled 147 gr bullets and shoot all I want. I do the same thing with .223 at the same cost.....the 300 is a lot of fun when your AR slings a .30 cal bullet with little recoil and a distinctive report.