Cant decide!!!! Eotech vs acog

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Cant decide!!!! Eotech vs acog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Default Cant decide!!!! Eotech vs acog

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new optic and am having some trouble. I shoot right handed but am left eye dominant. ( shooting with a RDS, nothing is affected, I'm assuming because both eyes are open. ) my question lies in, will this affect my shooting, target acquisition , etc. with the acog?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #2

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

It really depends on how dependent you are on the left eye. I'm the same but have no problem using a scope with my non-dominant eye.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2725 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 1388

In my opinion I prefer the EOTech over the ACOG. The reasons are #1 Price #2 I am not looking through a tube and I do not have to have a cheek weld to shot a target. The minute I see the reticle on the target I can shoot it even prior to aligning the optic. #3 It has a 1 MOA Reticle Dot that does not cover up an 8 inch pie plate at 100 yards. It is faster to me regarding target acquisition. #4 It has 20 reticle brightness intensity settings.Some are concerned about the battery on the EOTech. #5 But fact is it has a 20% low battery warning system built in. So if the battery goes dead on it shame on the operator for not honoring the low battery warning system. For example if it has a total of 360 hours of battery life being on the middle setting. When the unit is first turned on if the battery is low the reticle will flash 5 times before coming on solid. So with the 20% time frame the unit will be advising of a low battery for 72 hours each time the unit is turned on. If you do not change the batteries within the 72 hours sure it will go dead! I just prefer them and as stated in #1 the EOTech is significantly less money than the ACOG!
Makes no difference on which eye you use!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy