Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Can I legally order some 30 Round PMAG's from Midway USA if I live in New York State?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 14

okay,just went through the magazine pile... out of 38 magazines I have five that have no date or markings other than the manufacturer on the baseplate. Are these going to be legal then in NY? I cringe at the idea of someone telling me what weapon I can own with no exception what so ever. I understand if I had to pay a fee or "tax" but really?

Old 11-15-2011, 09:31 PM   #22

Likes Given: 2

P mags are illegal in NY since they were not produced "pre-ban"....

standard mags are "legal" as long as the manufacturer was producing mags pre ban and there are NO dates that show it being made after or during the ban... dates can either be on the outside or inside of the mag... You gotta be VERY careful, but if you go to the gun shows they'll have hundreds of GI mags new in plastic that are sold as "pre ban", no dates so there is no way to prove it either way...

just don't do anything stupid and you should be fine

Old 11-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #23

Liked 972 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 972

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnorse View Post
P mags are illegal in NY since they were not produced "pre-ban"....

standard mags are "legal" as long as the manufacturer was producing mags pre ban and there are NO dates that show it being made after or during the ban... dates can either be on the outside or inside of the mag... You gotta be VERY careful, but if you go to the gun shows they'll have hundreds of GI mags new in plastic that are sold as "pre ban", no dates so there is no way to prove it either way...

just don't do anything stupid and you should be fine
Good advice! As usual, be 100% certain you are complying with local laws in the ban states. It's much more complicated than in the rest of the US.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.