Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Can I legally order some 30 Round PMAG's from Midway USA if I live in New York State? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/can-i-legally-order-some-30-round-pmags-midway-usa-if-i-live-new-york-state-50061/)

FlintandSteel 10-18-2011 05:28 AM

Can I legally order some 30 Round PMAG's from Midway USA if I live in New York State?

Forgive the dumb question but I had to ask.

Looking to get a few of these:

Maglevel Pmag Mag AR-15 223 Remington 30-Round Polymer

I'm just a little behind in my gun laws and did a quick google search and THINK it's not allowed. But I am a little shocked and wanted to verify.

It's illegal so they just would deny me the sale once they saw it was being shipped to NY state?

Quentin 10-18-2011 05:36 AM

If standard capacity mags are illegal in your state most vendors will not ship them to you. Even if they slipped up and sent some to you they're still illegal. Now it may be possible to buy preban 30rd mags, assuming they are grandfathered in by your local laws. Quite a few people do this but the magazines must be made before the AWB went into effect in Sept 1994.

As usual, research and comply with the laws that affect you.

jeepejeep 10-18-2011 02:01 PM

Quentin is correct. In this rotten State, you are limited to 10 rounds. Midway will not send them to you anyway. Your best bet is to try at a gun show for pre ban mags. Make sure that they are stamped somewhere with a date before the AWB went into effect. Usually inside the mag on one of the walls.

jgand72 10-18-2011 02:08 PM

I've seen PMags that are limited to 10 rounds, I'm still not sure of the legality of those though.

Gojubrian 10-18-2011 02:12 PM

I don't even think you can legally fart in NY. Tell those OWS whackjobs out there to get a job while you're there! :)

FlintandSteel 10-18-2011 03:13 PM

Can I go out of state, buy some PMAG's legally, and then take them back to my house in NY?

I'm kidding, I know I'm screwed.

So frustrating.

I have some old 30 round mags that will have to suffice.

Thanks guys!

c3shooter 10-19-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Can I go out of state, buy some PMAG's legally, and then take them back to my house in NY?

I understand that Riker's Island has a great view of the approach pattern at LaGuardia.

FlintandSteel 10-19-2011 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 604620)
I understand that Riker's Island has a great view of the approach pattern at LaGuardia.

::gulp::

Riker's Island sounds awful.

sgttessnc 10-20-2011 03:41 AM

what???? I am moving to western new york in a few months and have about 40 yes four zero, magazines. Are they all going to be illegal? I cannot have them? are you kidding me?

I heart NY .... um NOT!

Blackbeard1718 10-20-2011 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgttessnc (Post 605731)
what???? I am moving to western new york in a few months and have about 40 yes four zero, magazines. Are they all going to be illegal? I cannot have them? are you kidding me?

I heart NY .... um NOT!

You may want to invest in something like these, before you go out and buy new Mags:

MagBlock Pmag and USGI 10 round magazine converters. Make cheap 10/20 and 10/30 magazines.

Hopefully, these will help lower the expense of having to buy New Mags, when you get to New York.

I do feel your pain! Most of my guns have Hi-Cap Mags, and it would cost me out the arse to have to buy New Mags, or even to convert them.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB