Can I Get Some Clarification? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Can I Get Some Clarification?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 05:24 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 461 Times on 316 Posts
Likes Given: 175

I'm not buying online. It's a kit from a shop, I've looked at it piece by piece and It is definitely dis-assembled. Buying online would take at-least 4 weeks to get to me from places like del-ton, even though they were my original choice.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:27 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 832 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

Ah ok, just wanted to be sure. I wonder, can they help with tools?
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 07-19-2011, 05:32 AM   #23

I was actually thinking the same. The owner, Nick, is a great guy who likes to help people out, but I have no idea if he can help me out or not. I know he said I could borrow some tool I needed (I think for the barrel nut), but I don't remember. Plus, I have no idea if he has a vice block. This is all turning out to be waaaay more complicated than I had thought it would be, and I havn't even started building yet.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:51 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
So, I am thinking about buying an AR-15 kit tomorrow, but upon further research I've found some potential problems. For the upper assembly, do I need a vice block, and the special wrench? I honestly has no idea this even existed, yet alone, that it was requirement. A pricey one at that. If I was to buy the kit, would I have to purchase these tools in order to assemble the gun? It was my understanding that The whole gun could be assembled with regular/slightly irregular tools (those I have) not gun specific tools and vice blocks. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

i built my ar without a vice block/s
special wrench yes.
but im also really well with my hands. i dont know how handy you are..

Old 07-20-2011, 04:13 AM   #25

I think the shop i'm buying it from will let me assemble the upper there just to get it out of the way then I can bring the rest home to mess up

Old 07-20-2011, 04:45 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 832 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

Well if they have the tools and someone to keep you out of trouble then you should be all set. The lower is easier. Really the upper is not hard but you do need to get the gas tube and barrel indexed right then the barrel nut torqued properly. It should go pretty quick since you have help and tools.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 07-20-2011, 04:49 AM   #27

I'm hoping it goes quickly and smoothly. And I hope they help me get it done right, that's the most important thing. If I can just get the barrel and stock put on, I am set to to go basically, but that's the part That I'll need the most help with.