Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > CAA Stocks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 12:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default CAA Stocks?

Anybody use these?

EMA Tactical | CAA Products | CBST

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

Woody,

They make good stuff. I know Rock River and some other manufacturers have also used quite a few of them on some of their rifles. I have shot several rifles that had them and I liked them.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Woody,

They make good stuff. I know Rock River and some other manufacturers have also used quite a few of them on some of their rifles. I have shot several rifles that had them and I liked them.

COOL, I like the look, and the battery storage. Think I am gonna pull the pin on one. Any other opinions?

Old 03-14-2011, 01:22 AM   #4

Liked 971 Times on 682 Posts
Likes Given: 972

Never bought a CAA product before but have heard good things about them and some not so good. I have seen the CAA saddle and have to say it was well made and solid especially for such a low price.

Nice that Sniper has some first hand experience with that stock and hopefully you'll get more replies...

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:24 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5459 Times on 2851 Posts
Likes Given: 353

looks like a lotta little places for dirt to collect

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-14-2011, 01:45 AM   #6

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

I have that one one my AR, with the cheek riser. It is very comfortable and has a lot of adjustment. The butt-pad is much more comfortable than the standard M4 butt-pad.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 03-14-2011, 03:56 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I hate to always be this guy but for the money a Magpul ACS or VLTOR EMOD seem to have a better cheek weld. They also have the storage capability you like. Just throwing out options, Woody

Old 03-14-2011, 04:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I hate to always be this guy but for the money a Magpul ACS or VLTOR EMOD seem to have a better cheek weld. They also have the storage capability you like. Just throwing out options, Woody
I have been looking at the EMod, but the kit for the EMod is $200+ (which i need for my SP1 rifle). This kit looks like it comes with the buffer tube, spring, lock nut etc for just over a hundred bucks.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Hey MJkeat, That is why I as for opinions. Hell this country was build buy dissenting opinions among other things. NP. But I will raise the point made below by MAX, that this stock, COMPLETE with buffer, tube, spring... is HALF the price of a MagPul. And Yes I am a believer of "You Get WHat You Pay For" and the MagPul storage looks great, but unsecured. I can see 4 batteries in the MagPul compartment, maybe, but I also see them rattling around in there where the CAA stock is specifically designed to hold them and it looks like they are not going to rattle around in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX4utah View Post
I have been looking at the EMod, but the kit for the EMod is $200+ (which i need for my SP1 rifle). This kit looks like it comes with the buffer tube, spring, lock nut etc for just over a hundred bucks.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX4utah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodysKJ View Post
Hey MJkeat, That is why I as for opinions. Hell this country was build buy dissenting opinions among other things. NP. But I will raise the point made below by MAX, that this stock, COMPLETE with buffer, tube, spring... is HALF the price of a MagPul. And Yes I am a believer of "You Get WHat You Pay For" and the MagPul storage looks great, but unsecured. I can see 4 batteries in the MagPul compartment, maybe, but I also see them rattling around in there where the CAA stock is specifically designed to hold them and it looks like they are not going to rattle around in there.
Good points, both of you.

The compartments are designed for C123 batteries which are shorter and larger in diameter than regular AAs. If I remember right you're looking at getting a 512. Will your AAs fit? Will they be to long for the door to close, or to narrow and rattle around? How heavy is this stock? You do realize it is a commercial stock and tube?

I'm not trying to discourage you from this stock kit. I just know from experience that theres better out there. Ive had guys at the range w/ similar set-ups fire my ARs and mention a dramatic difference b/w my Magpuls and their CAA.

3 great kits for less or slightly more money from a great company:
Stock Kits