Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   CAA Stocks? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/caa-stocks-39756/)

WoodysKJ 03-14-2011 12:38 AM

CAA Stocks?

Anybody use these?

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/m...ube-weapon.jpg

EMA Tactical | CAA Products | CBST

Sniper03 03-14-2011 12:43 AM

Woody,

They make good stuff. I know Rock River and some other manufacturers have also used quite a few of them on some of their rifles. I have shot several rifles that had them and I liked them.

WoodysKJ 03-14-2011 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper03 (Post 464275)
Woody,

They make good stuff. I know Rock River and some other manufacturers have also used quite a few of them on some of their rifles. I have shot several rifles that had them and I liked them.

COOL, I like the look, and the battery storage. Think I am gonna pull the pin on one. Any other opinions?

Quentin 03-14-2011 01:22 AM

Never bought a CAA product before but have heard good things about them and some not so good. I have seen the CAA saddle and have to say it was well made and solid especially for such a low price.

Nice that Sniper has some first hand experience with that stock and hopefully you'll get more replies...

JonM 03-14-2011 01:24 AM

looks like a lotta little places for dirt to collect

dog2000tj 03-14-2011 01:45 AM

I have that one one my AR, with the cheek riser. It is very comfortable and has a lot of adjustment. The butt-pad is much more comfortable than the standard M4 butt-pad.

mjkeat 03-14-2011 03:56 AM

I hate to always be this guy but for the money a Magpul ACS or VLTOR EMOD seem to have a better cheek weld. They also have the storage capability you like. Just throwing out options, Woody ;)

MAX4utah 03-14-2011 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 464438)
I hate to always be this guy but for the money a Magpul ACS or VLTOR EMOD seem to have a better cheek weld. They also have the storage capability you like. Just throwing out options, Woody ;)

I have been looking at the EMod, but the kit for the EMod is $200+ (which i need for my SP1 rifle). This kit looks like it comes with the buffer tube, spring, lock nut etc for just over a hundred bucks.

WoodysKJ 03-14-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 464438)

Hey MJkeat, That is why I as for opinions. Hell this country was build buy dissenting opinions among other things. NP. But I will raise the point made below by MAX, that this stock, COMPLETE with buffer, tube, spring... is HALF the price of a MagPul. And Yes I am a believer of "You Get WHat You Pay For" and the MagPul storage looks great, but unsecured. I can see 4 batteries in the MagPul compartment, maybe, but I also see them rattling around in there where the CAA stock is specifically designed to hold them and it looks like they are not going to rattle around in there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX4utah (Post 464453)
I have been looking at the EMod, but the kit for the EMod is $200+ (which i need for my SP1 rifle). This kit looks like it comes with the buffer tube, spring, lock nut etc for just over a hundred bucks.

mjkeat 03-14-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX4utah (Post 464453)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodysKJ (Post 464610)
Hey MJkeat, That is why I as for opinions. Hell this country was build buy dissenting opinions among other things. NP. But I will raise the point made below by MAX, that this stock, COMPLETE with buffer, tube, spring... is HALF the price of a MagPul. And Yes I am a believer of "You Get WHat You Pay For" and the MagPul storage looks great, but unsecured. I can see 4 batteries in the MagPul compartment, maybe, but I also see them rattling around in there where the CAA stock is specifically designed to hold them and it looks like they are not going to rattle around in there.

Good points, both of you.

The compartments are designed for C123 batteries which are shorter and larger in diameter than regular AAs. If I remember right you're looking at getting a 512. Will your AAs fit? Will they be to long for the door to close, or to narrow and rattle around? How heavy is this stock? You do realize it is a commercial stock and tube?

I'm not trying to discourage you from this stock kit. I just know from experience that theres better out there. Ive had guys at the range w/ similar set-ups fire my ARs and mention a dramatic difference b/w my Magpuls and their CAA.

3 great kits for less or slightly more money from a great company:
Stock Kits