Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   CA bullet button...cheat (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ca-bullet-button-cheat-94669/)

icallshotgun88 07-30-2013 05:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I'd like to start by saying I do NOT want to do anything illegal.
But I am looking for the fastest way to do a magazine change for my AR with the freaking retarded CA legal bullet button.
I understand they make magnetic pins that connect to the bullet button, but those are illegal.
For now, I have a bullet on the end of a necklace. So the bullet is the "tool" that is hanging from my neck. (I'm guessing that's legal)
Does anyone have a better idea? Or a faster way of changing mags (legally) with a CA legal bullet button...
God, I hate this state sometimes!

DrumJunkie 07-30-2013 05:29 AM

Best to consult a lawyer in these mattes. I don't trust police to know the law always. And internet forum lawyers can be hazardous to your health.:cool:

I'm not up on Cali law but I kind of should be. I have a friend out there that's always asking me questions and I tell him the same thing. But I'd hate to give him advice then find out I was not right or even right enough to keep him out of trouble.:eek:

Garadex 07-30-2013 08:16 AM

Go featureless. :cool:

clr8ter 07-30-2013 10:02 AM

When you say magnetic pin, do you mean basically a magnet that fits in the recess, and sticks out thereby making a more or less "permanent" button that stays on the gun for you to push? And if you saw someone coming, you could just pull it out, and toss in the trash or something?

Sgt_Skrb_25 07-30-2013 01:41 PM

9 Attachment(s)
I live in Komifornia too. There are a few tools out there. The problem is, if any tool is affixed to the AR it is illegal, if it is attached to you, it is legal. There are different options. I attached some pics. The magnet is the illegal option, unless you have it attached to a wrist strap that is around you wrist. So if you pull your hand away, it will pop off. My FDE bold has mags that have a small nipple at the bottom. The Rad-Lock is adjustable to be compliant or to function normally with a quick turn. As an example my grey build has the magnet in it , as an example of what is illegal, because its not on the wire wrist strap that should be attached to my wrist. The pic of my hand shows how it should be used to be compliant.

JonM 07-30-2013 04:26 PM

Honestly the best thing is to leave that hell hole.

Trying to get around laws by dipping into the grey edges never ends well.

JW357 07-30-2013 05:29 PM

I hate this damn state. Seriously the stupidest law. Well, among others.

I don't own an AR yet. Prolly never will while living here. I feel for all you guys... I wish I didn't live here...

icallshotgun88 07-30-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25
I live in Komifornia too. There are a few tools out there. The problem is, if any tool is affixed to the AR it is illegal, if it is attached to you, it is legal. There are different options. I attached some pics. The magnet is the illegal option, unless you have it attached to a wrist strap that is around you wrist. So if you pull your hand away, it will pop off. My FDE bold has mags that have a small nipple at the bottom. The Rad-Lock is adjustable to be compliant or to function normally with a quick turn. As an example my grey build has the magnet in it , as an example of what is illegal, because its not on the wire wrist strap that should be attached to my wrist. The pic of my hand shows how it should be used to be compliant.

Thank you for this extremely helpful reply...
I will go with the AR tool ring. Because I can have it with me at all times..just like I never take my necklace off.
I know it sounds silly, but if I had to grab my rifle and mags and run, I'd feel pretty stupid if I couldn't ever reload...this ring means that wherever I go, I can reload.
The tactical glove is another great idea too.
Thanks for your help.

Sgt_Skrb_25 07-30-2013 08:03 PM

No worries brother, just stay legal. We can't give these jackasses any more excuses to take our guns.

longunner 07-30-2013 08:05 PM

Whatever you do, don't move to New York. At least you guys can still buy ARs :mad: