Ca-10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Ca-10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 05:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ca-10

What do you guys think about Christensen CA-10 as a precision rifle? I'm thinking about getting something it, an AR style rifle in a .308 or 6.5 Creedmor as a precsion rifle. Is this a good rifle or should I maybe be thinking going custom?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2012, 06:18 AM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

When you say "precision" what are you talking about? For example, what ranges are we thinking?

Personally, I'd say a good Remington bolt action can make hits on steel out to 1,000 with proper scope, mounts, ammo and dope.
The only semi I've PERSONALLY seen that can come close is the M-21 variant of the Springfield Armory m1a...

If you want to take up serious distance, I'd say start with GA precision.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #3

Liked 1134 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Im going to ask you what you are planning on using it for ? what range ? bench gun / carry gun ? and does it need to be semi auto ? lots of stuff out there I would choose for less than $3500

Last edited by purehavoc; 08-20-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCat View Post
Personally, I'd say a good Remington bolt action can make hits on steel out to 1,000 with proper scope, mounts, ammo and dope.
The only semi I've PERSONALLY seen that can come close is the M-21 variant of the Springfield Armory m1a...
Many of the AR platforms (larger than 5.56, of course) will absolutely do this.

They probably won't accomplish it on the same budget as a bolt action, but they can and will do it. I believe you could probably get it done for under $2K, optics and all. But that's in the hands of a shooter who is equal to the task. Unfortunately, I'm not that shooter (I really wish I was though). I'm not sure I'll ever have the time, finances, or patience to earn that level of skill. If you don't have a solid "natural talent base" to work off, I'd imagine you'd pay quite a bit climbing that ladder.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #5

I'm interested in the AR platform. Love the look and feel. When I say precision I mean both printing tight groups and long range. I'm not real big on shooting animals at farther ranges maybe out to 500 if I have to and I can get set up properly to make that shot. This would be more of target gun. I know what you guys are saying, I can get a good bolt gun for cheaper. I already got a couple bolt guns that I'm reaching out to 880 yards constantly. And those are off the shelf average hunting rifles. Looking for something new.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #6

Still no one has answered the question. What do you think about Christensen arms CA-10? Is it worth the price tag?

Old 08-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk-acholic View Post
Still no one has answered the question. What do you think about Christensen arms CA-10? Is it worth the price tag?
Including a link to the product, a price, or a picture might have aided in getting the response you seem to be after. I don't know anything about it, including the price...and I guess I just wasn't super motivated to go on a Google Hunt. I'm sure some share my perspective, while others are probably well versed in this particular rifle.

It probably wouldn't be worth it for me. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it's beyond my budget, skill level, and need/shooting style. But it might fit great with yours.

Best of luck with the decision.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #8

Ok sorry about that. Ya I hadn't heard much about them either to lately. I'm trying to get someone that knows the rifle. Sorry for confusion

Old 08-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

http://www.christensenarms.com/tactical-ca-10-recon

It is nice-looking.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Thanks for putting the link up for me. Not sure how to do it.