Buying my first AR on a budget HELP!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Buying my first AR on a budget HELP!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 02:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Buying my first AR on a budget HELP!

Noob to this forum so hello to all!! Looking for some help/guidance. Wanna be in the 800 range and want something reputable/reliable.

Keep in mind that I live in NJ. I know I know LOL it stinks as far as laws but it is what it is ;-). Can you folks please steer me in the right direction? Thank you in advance!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-15-2013, 02:55 AM   #2
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7119 Times on 3897 Posts
Likes Given: 14416

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow07080

Keep in mind that I live in NJ. I know I know LOL it stinks as far as laws but it is what it is ;-). Can you folks please steer me in the right direction?
South
People Like This 
Old 09-15-2013, 03:13 AM   #3

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

What are the laws in ur neck of da woods?

For starters, palmetto state armory has rifle kits for $500
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/16-m4-cmv-chrome-lined-premium-rifle-kit.html

People Like This 
Old 09-15-2013, 03:20 AM   #4

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

NJ resident must have a pinned stock, muzzle welded and also pinned, 15 round max for mag. Where in NJ I'm in Mercer County can give you name or gun shop who was AR's in stock under $1000, Stag or MP15's

Old 09-15-2013, 03:37 AM   #5

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
What are the laws in ur neck of da woods?

For starters, palmetto state armory has rifle kits for $500
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/16-m4-cmv-chrome-lined-premium-rifle-kit.html
Basically every AR needs to be post-ban configuration. PSA does not market a NJ compliant upper last time I checked with them. Bushy, Stag and Windham all do. Other option is to go with a bull barrel and lo profile gas block but no 6 pos stock...that needs to be pin to a fixed position as well. Yeah, it's real tough being a gun owner in the PRNJ...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-15-2013, 03:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow07080 View Post
Noob to this forum so hello to all!! Looking for some help/guidance. Wanna be in the 800 range and want something reputable/reliable.

Keep in mind that I live in NJ. I know I know LOL it stinks as far as laws but it is what it is ;-). Can you folks please steer me in the right direction? Thank you in advance!!
Have you about building the lower? If so, Stag, Windham Weaponry and a few other offer a post ban configuration upper and that is what you need for NJ. Not sure how close you are to Rahway but Heritage Guild gets good reviews, I personally have never been there. If you are up for a drive there is Bangers in Winslow Twp, Glouc Cnty.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-15-2013, 03:46 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Agreed the laws here Suck. I'm in middlesex County. And to top it all off there are no ranges closer then a 45-50 min ride from me :-/

Old 09-15-2013, 03:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow07080 View Post
Agreed the laws here Suck. I'm in middlesex County. And to top it all off there are no ranges closer then a 45-50 min ride from me :-/
How close are you to Woodland Park?

Old 09-15-2013, 03:49 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

Have you about building the lower? If so, Stag, Windham Weaponry and a few other offer a post ban configuration upper and that is what you need for NJ. Not sure how close you are to Rahway but Heritage Guild gets good reviews, I personally have never been there. If you are up for a drive there is Bangers in Winslow Twp, Glouc Cnty.

Want to purchase one already built and complete. I purchased all my guns from them back when they were firearms guild. It's a very nice place. I would recommend to anyone. Service there is great!!

Old 09-15-2013, 03:50 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

How close are you to Woodland Park?
What town is that in? Never heard of it. I'm not far from Rutgers U