Buying at Gun Shows - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Buying at Gun Shows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just went to a gun show up here in Philly recently.

I purchased (2) 15 round mags for my glock 19 for $12.50 each.
400 rounds of 9mm ammo for $80

my buddy bought
(2) 15 round glock mags for $12.50 each
(3) 30 round glock mags for $20 each

They had some really good deals on shotguns and I almost bought a mossberg, but decided not to. I was looking at some AKs as well, but they were all incredibly overpriced. The cheapest I found was about $590 for a ****ty CA wasr10

Old 08-31-2011, 01:44 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1134 Times on 796 Posts
Likes Given: 1154

Thanks for the great tips, dailygundeals!
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 08-31-2011, 12:59 PM   #33

dailygundeals, some good ideas but here in Florida many of he shows do not charge for parking which is a plus. Many of the promotors are adding security to the Friday set up to keep out non vendors. Not as many deals going on on set up days as you think. The thing is many of the vendors do shows every weekend with each other so unless one comes up with a deal that they know another would go for there real isn't much going on. Most vendors want to get in set up and get out. If you go in on the first day the show is open to the public and see something you might like to buy don't be so excited about it. If priced where you are comfortable then buy it. If to high try to wheel and deal but remember the first day the vendor will ususally hold pretty tight on price because of the potential to sell to someone else the rest of the show. Remember that just because you think it is priced to high the person 5 steps behind you might not and it may not be there if and when you go back. The afternoon of the last day of the show is usually a different story. The last couple of hours I will see many vendors walking the show to see what others have especialy if it has been a slow show. Many dealers would rather go home with cash in thier pocket than merchandise. The key to all this is to remember that the dealers want to sell inventory to make as much money as they can. It is a business. If you think the price is too high (in many cases it is) try to wheel and deal, which is what most dealers expect anyways! It has become the nature of the gun shoe business! Always low ball your offered. You can always increase the offer but never can go down on it!

Just my $0.02!!!

Mark

MLR Distributing

Old 09-03-2011, 11:56 PM   #34

Just got back from the Miami,Fl gun show.
The prices weren't bad, I'd they were pretty good. What made it at little higher was the 7% sales tax and the added (valuable) experience of building it yourself.
It has changed my mind about the gun shows. I liked it and you get a lot of info from the sellers of the myriad of products, such are the modern RDS and other sights, etc.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:48 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLRDist
dailygundeals, some good ideas but here in Florida many of he shows do not charge for parking which is a plus. Many of the promotors are adding security to the Friday set up to keep out non vendors. Not as many deals going on on set up days as you think. The thing is many of the vendors do shows every weekend with each other so unless one comes up with a deal that they know another would go for there real isn't much going on. Most vendors want to get in set up and get out. If you go in on the first day the show is open to the public and see something you might like to buy don't be so excited about it. If priced where you are comfortable then buy it. If to high try to wheel and deal but remember the first day the vendor will ususally hold pretty tight on price because of the potential to sell to someone else the rest of the show. Remember that just because you think it is priced to high the person 5 steps behind you might not and it may not be there if and when you go back. The afternoon of the last day of the show is usually a different story. The last couple of hours I will see many vendors walking the show to see what others have especialy if it has been a slow show. Many dealers would rather go home with cash in thier pocket than merchandise. The key to all this is to remember that the dealers want to sell inventory to make as much money as they can. It is a business. If you think the price is too high (in many cases it is) try to wheel and deal, which is what most dealers expect anyways! It has become the nature of the gun shoe business! Always low ball your offered. You can always increase the offer but never can go down on it!

Just my $0.02!!!

Mark

MLR Distributing
Great advice

"Having the burden and responsibility of carrying a firearm is well worth my family and love ones safety. I practice for them, and a well trained and prepared man with his love ones on his mind is the most dangerous man." - JJ

Old 09-09-2011, 02:46 AM   #36

Liked 828 Times on 445 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccalzadilla View Post
I wonder if good deals are to be had at Gun Shows.
Just found out that there is a show coming to Miami, FL on Sept 3 & 4.

Would you guys I hold out until then?

So far I only have a stripped receiver (Spike) and all the parts for it (Daniel Defense).
Gun shows are a great place to get guns if you know what they are worth at a glance. I have gone to gun shows and never left the parking lot. You may sit there all day long, but mark my words; some collage kid will walk in trying to get beer money out of "grandpa's ol' hunten' gun" that is worth 10 times what you give him for it.
Inside, you got low, middle, and high end of market value. The best deals come from the folks carrying the guns in to sell.

Just my two cents.