Bushmaster xm15 A2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bushmaster xm15 A2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Default Bushmaster xm15 A2

I recently acquired this rifle in unused condition it was bought brand new in 2004 and NEVER fired. It's a Bushmaster with a 20 inch barrel, no flash suppressor, A2 stock, removable carry handle with a heavy barrel. I looked it up on the Bushmaster site and they have one the same config with an attached carry handle for around 1300. Just curious if anyone can put a rough estimate on what it's worth, by the way it's in perfect condition.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-10-2013, 01:19 AM   #2

Liked 1019 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

That's an inflated MSRP price. Being a post-ban AR it's worth closer to half of $1300 as there is little to no collector value in a 2004 model. In ban states it might be worth a little more but most other people want new ARs configured as "pre-ban". Even current Bushmasters don't sell for anything near MRSP listed on the website.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:32 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 252 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 34

IMO it's worth $800 if a buyer happens to value that particular design. $700 otherwise.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #4

BTW, this AR has a few things going against it today. Besides being post-ban, the 20" heavy barrel is not in demand, nor the A2 stock or carry handle. You'll have to find someone who does want these features but most want a 16" lighter barrel, collapsible stock, modern sights, threaded barrel for a muzzle device, etc. Even the Bushmaster name has lost some luster over the last 10 years.

Oh, being unfired doesn't matter much in this case - so go out and have fun. Shoot it!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-10-2013, 01:44 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 252 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Wanna hear something crazy?

300 days ago that gun was probably worth upwards of $2000! False inflation due to media hysteria and such, but people were getting $2K for $750 rifles wearing the Bushmaster name. Know what they were getting for legitimate $2K rifles (say, Noveske)?....about $2000 for those as well.

The AR marketplace can be a little crazy at times. What you have is a decent entry-level rifle, in a mildly eclectic package.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
BTW, this AR has a few things going against it today. Besides being post-ban, the 20" heavy barrel is not in demand, nor the A2 stock or carry handle. You'll have to find someone who does want these features but most want a 16" lighter barrel, collapsible stock, modern sights, threaded barrel for a muzzle device, etc. Even the Bushmaster name has lost some luster over the last 10 years. Oh, being unfired doesn't matter much in this case - so go out and have fun. Shoot it!
Actually, I love the configuration, almost like my issued weapon in the army. I was only curious about the price. Thanks guys!

Old 11-10-2013, 02:12 AM   #7
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
Wanna hear something crazy?

300 days ago that gun was probably worth upwards of $2000! False inflation due to media hysteria and such, but people were getting $2K for $750 rifles wearing the Bushmaster name. Know what they were getting for legitimate $2K rifles (say, Noveske)?....about $2000 for those as well.

The AR marketplace can be a little crazy at times. What you have is a decent entry-level rifle, in a mildly eclectic package.
i'd definately spent $2K for a rifle that was worth $2K, but not one worth about $750!

i started to sell my Bushmaster Carbine whrn prices got stupid crazy, and then buy another one later on when they got reasonable again. decided to just keep mine and not play the game.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:39 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2038 Times on 1412 Posts
Likes Given: 1041

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmglocks View Post
Actually, I love the configuration, almost like my issued weapon in the army. I was only curious about the price. Thanks guys!
I agree, this is an authentic setup except the naked muzzle. It actually may be seen as a plus because, lets face it, most civilian owners shoot from supported positions. The utility of the A2 flash suppressor is also debatable. What you got is a good rifle and a good platform for precision shooting.

BTW the pre-post ban labels are obsolete. What has been described as postban here could in fact be a legit configuration by choice. Local state regulations are a different matter. Some people on gunbroker are still trying to sell you "pre-ban" as something special. Almost a decade past the sunset.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator
I agree, this is an authentic setup except the naked muzzle. It actually may be seen as a plus because, lets face it, most civilian owners shoot from supported positions. The utility of the A2 flash suppressor is also debatable. What you got is a good rifle and a good platform for precision shooting. BTW the pre-post ban labels are obsolete. What has been described as postban here could in fact be a legit configuration by choice. Local state regulations are a different matter. Some people on gunbroker are still trying to sell you "pre-ban" as something special. Almost a decade past the sunset.
Whole heartedly agree! Personally I like the larger setup, nothing against the carbines but I like to know I have a tough, durable rifle at my disposal. Yes, I would like a flash suppressor but that's more of a cosmetic thing for me. Also, the length of the A2 style stock fits my arm length helps me aim better. I never really liked the carbine stocks, weak, shaky and not long enough for a guy like me with gorilla arms. I actually feel like I have a viable rifle against my shoulder as opposed to a tiny little carbine. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
... BTW the pre-post ban labels are obsolete. What has been described as postban here could in fact be a legit configuration by choice. Local state regulations are a different matter. Some people on gunbroker are still trying to sell you "pre-ban" as something special. Almost a decade past the sunset.
Pre-ban and post-ban are common terms to describe firearm configurations so not obsolete at all. The former just describes legal configs before and after the 1994-2004 Federal AWB while the latter concerns neutered guns during those ban years.

In a state that still enforces the ban "pre-ban" is more specific, referring to firearms before the ban that don't have to comply with the ban. They tend to be quite valuable in ban states. Post-ban still describes neutered guns during the extended ban, 1994 to the present.

______

Last edited by Quentin; 11-10-2013 at 05:44 AM.