Bushmaster VS Colt - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Bushmaster VS Colt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 02:25 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

You can own a Colt or you can own a copy of a Colt. If you own a Colt you won't have to write these endless post on why you buy cheaper rifles.

DK

Old 04-03-2011, 02:39 AM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
You can own a Colt or you can own a copy of a Colt. If you own a Colt you won't have to write these endless post on why you buy cheaper rifles.

DK

Bullsheeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Man I get tired of this argument. Colt was first, that doesn't make them best.

I would put one of my "bargain bin" AR's in the hands of someone who knows the platform against a shooter who purchased a Colt without any knowledge of how it works ANY DAY OF THE F*CKING WEEK and I guarantee you, I will be victorious more days than not.

You think having a Colt or "other" name brand on the side of your weapon makes you better than someone who knows the platform??? Can repair it, behind a barricade, with limited tools, during a lull in the fight?

Can you clear a jam? Can you remove the BCG and wash it with water from his canteen to get you back in the fight? Versus a guy who looks at his rifle and goes "WTF?!?! I spent good money on this" and starts looking for a replacement rifle on the battlefield?!

These threads are bullsh*t. The name on the side of your weapon DOES NOT indicate your ability to shoot it, your ability as a room clearer / door kicker or overwatch. It doesn't mean you are "better" than anyone else.

It means you spent more than someone who had to work for the unit. And when push comes to shove, that person who had to build his/her unit is going to have your ass on the battlefield because they know what is and what is not.

Period.

[/THREAD]

JD

Old 04-03-2011, 03:04 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I agree the weapon doesnt make the man. I also agree a good AR doesnt need to cost an arm and a leg. Look at a $854 BCM. I believe they have one up to just over 52k w/o any real problems. Id pick a BCM over a Colt unless the Colt was an original 60's model. You can also take a BM and inprove its reliability w/ a little attention and some tools.

I also agree these threads are BS. They always lead to arguements and rarely any sort of conclusion.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I have a Bushmaster and a BCM. The Bushmaster (Dissipator) is my most reliable AR in the safe. I've made a couple upgrades, but the gun just shots great. 1/8 HBAR and accurate as you'll ever need.

The BCM is nicer and shoots amazingly for a 14.5" rifle.

I don't see why most folks would need any more. . . If you want a Colt stamp on the side of your gun, then go for it. . . But that's all it is, a stamp.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 832 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
...I don't see why most folks would need any more. . . If you want a Colt stamp on the side of your gun, then go for it. . . But that's all it is, a stamp.
But on a factory rifle that rollmark tells you a lot. Some people settle for Vulcan, Hesse, Blackthorne but most want a better rifle. Some of those go all the way to Colt, BCM, etc. Most though fall somewhere in between, with DPMS and Bushmaster racking up huge sales compared to most brands.

In that "in between" area you have to pick what works for you and your budget. I think it's smart to consider kicking in an extra hundred or so for something near the top rung but in the end everyone must make their own choice. No doubt there is a price point that gets you to a point of diminishing returns which usually falls in the $750-1150 range. For me it's about $900. (This is for the initial rifle or build, no doubt every AR gets upgrades over time.)

OP, I know you have Bushmaster and I hope it works out for you. I expect CS will make it right, let us know.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 04-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
These threads are bullsh*t. The name on the side of your weapon DOES NOT indicate your ability to shoot it, your ability as a room clearer / door kicker or overwatch. It doesn't mean you are "better" than anyone else.

It means you spent more than someone who had to work for the unit. And when push comes to shove, that person who had to build his/her unit is going to have your ass on the battlefield because they know what is and what is not.JD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I agree the weapon doesn't make the man. I also agree a good AR doesn't need to cost an arm and a leg.

I also agree these threads are BS. They always lead to arguments and rarely any sort of conclusion.

I concur with both statements up there. ^^^

It's what you do with what ya got. The more ya do with what ya got, the better ya get with the maintenance, reliability and performability of your selected AR platform.

Hell, one of my rifles might as well have ACME stamped on it. Different upper, different lower and Frankenstein parts pieced together from all over. I shoot it no differently, or less accurate than any other of my "brand name" AR platforms.

YMMV

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #17

All I can say is I would like to own a newer Colt AR, if the right deal comes along.
I have not owned a Colt or Bushy but I consider (in my mind) Colt to be one of the best. Why?
They are proven to run, more so than any other manufacture.
How many threads do you read that say Problems w/ my new Colt ?
How many posts on Colts poor customer service ?
How about resale value ?
My $499 Delton M4 kit has worked flawless. Does that make it as good as a Colt. Hell no. Not to me.
I'm not bashing Bushies here just saying how I feel.
I have read too many posts on poor customer service and problems with new rifles. I personaly would never consider buying one. IMOP

Old 04-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMilspecer View Post
All I can say is I would like to own a newer Colt AR, if the right deal comes along.
I have not owned a Colt or Bushy but I consider (in my mind) Colt to be one of the best. Why?
They are proven to run, more so than any other manufacture.
How many threads do you read that say Problems w/ my new Colt ?
How many posts on Colts poor customer service ?
How about resale value ?
My $499 Delton M4 kit has worked flawless. Does that make it as good as a Colt. Hell no. Not to me.
I'm not bashing Bushies here just saying how I feel.
I have read too many posts on poor customer service and problems with new rifles. I personaly would never consider buying one. IMOP
^ Word ...

Old 04-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
But on a factory rifle that rollmark tells you a lot. Some people settle for Vulcan, Hesse, Blackthorne but most want a better rifle. Some of those go all the way to Colt, BCM, etc. Most though fall somewhere in between, with DPMS and Bushmaster racking up huge sales compared to most brands.
OK, maybe on "factory" rifles. I guess I view the AR first in pieces, then as a complete machine. The Bushmaster I own is my only factory rifle. So I don't have much to compare it to, also I haven't been able to shoot in so damn long I don't even remember what it's like . . ..

Old 04-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Bullsheeeeeeeeeeeeet!

JD
While I completely agree with you that the name on the side means nothing, I don't agree that these threads are bullsh*t. They are the most interesting ones to read The more riled up people get, the more interesting the reading. So from that perspective, keep these threads coming, from an AR perspective; I own a Bushmaster 16 in. that I can get in and out of the truck quickly, has easy manueverability and consistently shoots 2 MOA or less.
Luke 22:36 - He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.