Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Bushmaster or RRA (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/bushmaster-rra-4177/)

stuii 04-21-2008 01:19 AM

Bushmaster or RRA

Which is better Bushmaster or RRA what are some Pros and Cons of each.

slowryde45 04-22-2008 12:29 AM

that's like asking which is better...Ford or Chevy?

it's all a matter of personal taste...they are both reputable brands, with excellent track records. they've both had lemons due to whatever reason, and they've both had winners...more winners than losers with either.

take your pick, you won't go wrong with either. there...the PC answer.:D

balloo93 04-22-2008 12:41 PM

Depends on which RRA as well. My RRA CAR4 has the NM trigger and is quite nice to shoot. I believe they gaurantee thier rifles to shoot a certain MOA.

Only downside to mine is the barrel is HBAR and heavier than the M4 cut style barrels. RRA has a back order for thier parts, but thier rifles supposedly ship within 3-5weeks.

Have you considered other brands as well? DPMS, LMT, CMMG, and Stag make fine rifles as well. You can also get the price down by building your own lower. A lot of places offer everything but the lower. You buy the kit then hit your local shop or gun show and get a matching lower to complete the rifle.

slowryde45 04-23-2008 12:37 AM

[QUOTE=balloo93;22292]Depends on which RRA as well. My RRA CAR4 has the NM trigger and is quite nice to shoot. I believe they gaurantee thier rifles to shoot a certain MOA.

QUOTE]

Don't always believe what any manufacturer states as their guaranteed accuracy. It's almost impossible to guarantee a certain MOA, without being able to duplicate the exact conditions to which they achieved that "guaranteed accuracy". Not saying that there aren't a few rifles out there that will match what they state in their ads, but very few.

And again, not to take anything away from Rock River, specially since I own one (and a few Bushmasters, too), but if you get caught up reading their 'guaranteed accuracy' of their rifles, then you must have also noticed that their cheapest rifle outshoots their most expensive?:confused: :p

slowryde45 04-23-2008 12:47 AM

Price wise, I still think one of the best bangs for the buck out there is a Stag. Next would be a DPMS.

But between the two you are asking about, I do own at least one of each, and have yet to really find much of a difference between them in regards to quality, reliability, functionality, and accuracy. They both go bang every time I pull the trigger, and I would not balk at grabbing one to protect me and mine.

The only real difference, and it's one that you'll read on almost any forum, is the fit of the upper to lower receiver on Rock River Arms. It is one tight fit, probably the tightest of any manufacturer. If that is something you seek, then there it is.

Dgunsmith 04-23-2008 02:37 AM

Bushmaster makes the most in numbers and is like a GM family car. Reliable and dependable. Stag is a step up, Rock River another step up.

Nobody builds a tighter upper and lower than Les Baer...they are made exactly to the Govt Tech Data Package prints.

RMTactical 04-23-2008 04:49 AM

I prefer Stag to either in that price range.

However, it's a toss up between RRA and Bushmaster but RRA has closed the gap recently IMO by offering different barrel contours as options (lightweight M4 barrels, superlight pencil barrels, etc...).

stuii 04-23-2008 08:58 PM

Stag

I have been thinking about a stag its just that my local gun shop was pushing the RRA and the bushmaster. Stag Arms is looking real nice on there web-site.

RL357Mag 05-06-2008 02:33 AM

I bought the RRA NMA4 for $915. Their accuracy guarantee IS wrong! It was guaranteed to shoot 3/4"moa - mine does less than 1/2" moa! It has a 20" air gauged stainless bull barrel, NM front & Rear sights (you can choose a smaller .030 hooded aperture for no additional cost) , excellent NM 2-stage trigger, Hogue rubber finger grooved grip, thermo-mold free-float handguard, (2) 20 rd, mags, a hard case, sling, and detacheable carry handle. There is absolutely NO PLAY between the upper and lowere receivers, and the finish is the best I've ever seen in a "black rifle". I love it. The wait is longer than 5 wks - mine took almost 12 weeks because RRA was awarded two federal contracts that they are busy filling - one for 5000 rifles for the DEA, and the other for the FBI. So in my opinion, and with the experience that I've had with my rifle, I think RRA is probably the best deal available for the price. I have a very accurate DPMS LR308 also, but the trigger sucks and the gun is not as nicely finished as the RRA. It cost $850 and will cost me about $200 more for another trigger. My brother has an original Colt AR-15 from the 1970's and it is no where near as accurate as either rifle. As someone stated above RRA does make a $2500 AR-15 that has an accuracy guarantee of 1.5" moa, but that is because is is the "Government Model" , has a lighter, shorter barrel, and is all tricked-out for LE use. Most guns marketed to the LE community will generally put more emphasis on rails, stocks, and appearance than accuracy - tactical "entry" rifles don't need to be target rifles. I don't think you can get a BETTER rifle for under $1000.

slowryde45 05-06-2008 11:09 PM

???

LOL...not that it really matters, but compare RRA's CAR A2/A4 to any of their PRO series or Elite Comp. None of which are really designed for one set market or another. Let me guess...all the doo-dads and bling-bling take away from your accuracy?:p

And if memory serves me right, most government contracts are awarded to the LOWEST bidder, not necessarily the highest performer.;)

But that's just my .02.

And to top it off, I still like Bushmaster and Rock River....along with Armalite, Colt, DPMS, Les Baer, Wilson Combat, LMT, Larue, and my latest addition to the safe, a Noveske. They are all good in their own ways. And to the original poster, you can't go wrong with any of them.