Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Bushmaster Carbon 15 OWNERS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 02:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Bushmaster Carbon 15 OWNERS

Those that own a bushmaster. What do y'all think. I just brought one!!
Everyone bashes them but in reading,none of them ever owned one. For the owners, I've heard great reviews.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #2

Liked 947 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 940

It is one of the cheapest ARs out there. I hope you didn't pay over $600, that's what they used to go for.

The best thing about them is they're very lightweight. Good examples seem ok but you do hear a lot horror stories too. My buddy has one but wants something better now.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #3

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

Retail is $844. Got mine for $799 2 months ago
Great lightweight rifle.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #4

Liked 349 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Had two, sold both during the recent panic for the $$$. I've never understood the hate either. All mine ever did was shred the 10 and X ring with quarter size groups after I zero'd the red dot. I didn't put 10,000 rounds thru them, don't know how they'd hold up over the long haul, but for the two years I had mine, no complaints.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8428 Times on 3655 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Have one, like it, weighs less than the dust in the air around it, does what it is supposed to do.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

DFlynt Likes This 
Old 04-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Thanks Guys in yet Quintin, You don't have one yet you're bashing I don't understand

Old 04-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5316 Times on 2775 Posts
Likes Given: 335

for a light use rifle prolly ok. but i have no desire for one since im a little rough on my gear. i dont see how it would hold up to the abuse i put my rifles through (mostly from clumsiness...)

i dont like the current over use of the word "bash" it has a definate meaning and using it to describe people who disagree with your opinion just makes arguments happen and gets threads closed and people sent on vacations

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 04-04-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #8

Liked 947 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 940

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate913 View Post
Thanks Guys in yet Quintin, You don't have one yet you're bashing I don't understand
You don't understand, is English a second language for you? I told you my buddy has one. I've shot it a lot. No, I'm not impressed but how is that bashing? Point out in my post where I bashed your gun. Have you considered the pendulum swings both ways - that you're a fanboy? Do you have anything to compare it to, have you shot a Colt or BCM?

The thing you have to understand is the C-15 belongs in a group of $600 ARs (in normal times) and some of its competitors were better. You could have had a S&W M&P Sport at the same price. Or for a little more money a PSA.

Since you're new why not read and digest the AR-15 Primer sticky, you'll find it quite helpful.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6083 Times on 3338 Posts
Likes Given: 11653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
It is one of the cheapest ARs out there. I hope you didn't pay over $600, that's what they used to go for.

The best thing about them is they're very lightweight. Good examples seem ok but you do hear a lot horror stories too. My buddy has one but wants something better now.
Seems pretty innocent to me.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:02 AM   #10

Liked 1120 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1995

The 2 I have handled shot ok but the first one the rail on the upper was coming delaminated . The second one was brought to me it had 32 rounds thru it , the topend was locked up tight . Charging handle would not move and i could not push the pins out with a punch and mallet . I put it back in the box and told him to return it to gander mountain where he bought it . Never heard back from him if they fixed or replaced it for him .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
Quentin Likes This