Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Bushmaster Carbon 15 OWNERS (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/bushmaster-carbon-15-owners-88133/)

nate913 04-04-2013 02:51 AM

Bushmaster Carbon 15 OWNERS

Those that own a bushmaster. What do y'all think. I just brought one!!
Everyone bashes them but in reading,none of them ever owned one. For the owners, I've heard great reviews.

Quentin 04-04-2013 06:24 AM

It is one of the cheapest ARs out there. I hope you didn't pay over $600, that's what they used to go for.

The best thing about them is they're very lightweight. Good examples seem ok but you do hear a lot horror stories too. My buddy has one but wants something better now.

nosaj 04-04-2013 06:30 AM

Retail is $844. Got mine for $799 2 months ago
Great lightweight rifle.

Donn 04-04-2013 12:03 PM

Had two, sold both during the recent panic for the $$$. I've never understood the hate either. All mine ever did was shred the 10 and X ring with quarter size groups after I zero'd the red dot. I didn't put 10,000 rounds thru them, don't know how they'd hold up over the long haul, but for the two years I had mine, no complaints.

c3shooter 04-04-2013 02:23 PM

Have one, like it, weighs less than the dust in the air around it, does what it is supposed to do.

nate913 04-04-2013 02:32 PM

Thanks Guys in yet Quintin, You don't have one yet you're bashing I don't understand

JonM 04-04-2013 02:52 PM

for a light use rifle prolly ok. but i have no desire for one since im a little rough on my gear. i dont see how it would hold up to the abuse i put my rifles through (mostly from clumsiness...)

i dont like the current over use of the word "bash" it has a definate meaning and using it to describe people who disagree with your opinion just makes arguments happen and gets threads closed and people sent on vacations ;)

Quentin 04-04-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate913 (Post 1202730)
Thanks Guys in yet Quintin, You don't have one yet you're bashing I don't understand

You don't understand, is English a second language for you? I told you my buddy has one. I've shot it a lot. No, I'm not impressed but how is that bashing? Point out in my post where I bashed your gun. Have you considered the pendulum swings both ways - that you're a fanboy? Do you have anything to compare it to, have you shot a Colt or BCM?

The thing you have to understand is the C-15 belongs in a group of $600 ARs (in normal times) and some of its competitors were better. You could have had a S&W M&P Sport at the same price. Or for a little more money a PSA.

Since you're new why not read and digest the AR-15 Primer sticky, you'll find it quite helpful.

MisterMcCool 04-04-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin
It is one of the cheapest ARs out there. I hope you didn't pay over $600, that's what they used to go for.

The best thing about them is they're very lightweight. Good examples seem ok but you do hear a lot horror stories too. My buddy has one but wants something better now.

Seems pretty innocent to me.

purehavoc 04-05-2013 02:02 AM

The 2 I have handled shot ok but the first one the rail on the upper was coming delaminated . The second one was brought to me it had 32 rounds thru it , the topend was locked up tight . Charging handle would not move and i could not push the pins out with a punch and mallet . I put it back in the box and told him to return it to gander mountain where he bought it . Never heard back from him if they fixed or replaced it for him .